Introduction

Hello filmmakers.

My name is Mike, I am 47 years old and tomorrow I start principal photography on my first short. I am shooting it on HDV. I have never been to film school but I have worked at many of the studios here where I live in Los Angeles. My wife basically expressed an interest in doing cinematography as a career. After looking into the process of working up to being a DP after going to film school, the odds were very much against her. I suggested she take the money she would have spent on film school and buy a camera and some support equipment and that we work together and make our own films.

So here we are :)

You can check out our web site at:

http://www.b-scenefilms.com

There is a link to a blog at the bottom of the page.

Yeah, the creaking of my walker was a problem on the set :D

Did a little rough cut of the opening scene last night. Brought in the camera footage then brought in the audio from the digital recorder, synched it using the camera audio. Then played it back and the audio was horrible. Full of wind noise and hiss and all kinds of crap. Then it dawned on me I had the monitor on the camera audio on and the double system audio track muted. Damn near had a heart attack!

Well, I did a rough cut of the film with temp music. I would like to get some comments on it. If anyone would like to see it, PM me and I will link you to a QT file. I would put the link here but I don't want to choke my server.

Thanks!

Back