introduction of a Dutchman

Already post my first serious project in the screeningroom, but get the idea I probably will visit this forum for more than only spam my projects.

So a good introduction could be welcome for some!?

I'm mike d. (not the NY dude) from the Netherlands - 36 - youthworker and started in 2010 to try and make short films using the same approach as I do with making "music"... just do it and along the line try to get better and refine my style.

For those who are interested, on my website you can find some of the stuff about me and my projects.

http://www.skateordiemotherfucker.nl

maybe nice to know:

I film with:

canon hv20
letus35mini
nikkor lenses - 15mm f5,6 - 28mm f3,5 - 50mm f1,8 and 80/200mm f4,5 (I have a 18mm f.4 for trade, drop me a mail if you are interested?)
cavision rodsystem with a nameless nice shoulderstand
manfrotto tripod
falcon eyes fluorescence light
home made $40,- rails
And bought after my last project a fostex fr2 le with a sennheiser 416 and a small rycote camerakit cause the sound with my rode videomic was just not good enough for me.

Now can't wait for my next bigger project and hope to have some 'less than 5 minutes' shorts in between. Enough ideas.. time and money are the enemy haha

Would be great if you can drop some lines what you think about my last film 'dead area' and future projects - I know I have a long way to go so no problem if you burn me down haha.

greetings from the lowlands, Mike d.

Welcome!

I lived in Rotterdam for a few years but i was too young to remember most of it.

Goodluck with your projects and yes, no spamming please ;)

Hi Mike!

I'll watch your work in a minute.

Nice to see there's filmmakers in the vicinity. Well, somewhat in the vicinity, I live in Antwerp.

Dus als je eens hulp kan gebruiken bij één van je projecten, dan zeg je het maar. :) Right now, I would call myself pretty proficient in music composition/production. I've yet much moviemaking practice to do.

See you around!
Dimi

zomg it's Mike D from NY
smiley_panic.gif

...oh... nm. :lol:

You were looking for new camera for your skateboard, or something, in another thread I believe?

I had a 5 pound bet on your country to win the World Cup that I made a month before the competition started and got great odds on...

I hope you're happy :(

The dutch football team will never be as good as the teams in 74, 78 or 88 .. you know the pre hairdresser time for footbllplayers haha. (edit: I now see you are from london.. haha your goalkeeper did that fantastic blunder I enjoyed that big time.. almost forgot.. haha)

anwerpen and delft... I almost feel local haha

Dunno why I choose dogfight some years ago.. but it sticks.. first it was tuco ramirez.. but cause the band I named after him stopped.. I choose another name for user accounts.... well me and names not the best combi.. look at my website haha

grt, mike d.

Last edited:
The dutch football team will never be as good as the teams in 74, 78 or 88 .. you know the pre hairdresser time for footbllplayers haha. (edit: I now see you are from london.. haha your goalkeeper did that fantastic blunder I enjoyed that big time.. almost forgot.. haha)

That goalkeeper is Rob Green a West Ham legend and personal hero... :cry:

That goalkeeper is Rob Green a West Ham legend and personal hero... :cry:

think Green wasn't the biggest blunder from the England team.. that italian coach.. damn what a twat.. but he was in good company in Africa with the France national team.. those wankers where just to sad for words.. haha

But films.. haha..

grt, mike d.

Back