insurance for 2 days

Does anyone have any suggestion for insurance company that could give a cheap insurance for 2 day production?
Got a quote from americanentertainment.com and they provide only for no less than 6 days of production, $600.. Is there anything cheaper out there? :weird:

Hiil & Usher gives great rates for photographers and videographers. You can prolly get a whole month for a decent price. they will give you a mill or so coverage and your eqt. Filmmaking is indeed a videography business.. so might be worth a look. Prolly cheap enough to keep all year if ya want to. PLUS under who they state they cover, they list Film & Motion Picture Producers

http://packagechoice.com/index.jsp#htwms

Last edited:
You're looking for a quote that's less than $600? Is that correct?

How much can you afford to pay? Your top end? Is this for the standard $1,000,000 General Liability needed?

Yes, 1mil liability.

$200 at the most for two days. No guns or anything dangerous. Just a scene with three actors fishing in the city park. I know it's probably unrealisticaly low price but still wanted to ask around .

I agree with you. $200 for a $1,000,000 General Liability is
unrealistic. The company I always insure with won't do it for
that. Sorry I can't help, but I have never seen a price that low.
I'm thinking $600 is about right.

Looks like a new location or a guerilla shoot-and-run-and-hope
you don't get caught situation.

I agree with you. $200 for a $1,000,000 General Liability is
unrealistic. The company I always insure with won't do it for
that. Sorry I can't help, but I have never seen a price that low.
I'm thinking $600 is about right.

Looks like a new location or a guerilla shoot-and-run-and-hope
you don't get caught situation.

Ah, thought so..

Well, I ll find a loop hole somewhere ;) for example, the insurance is not required for teams smaller than 5 people.. That might not be a bad idea..
Thanks!

You could check out what Fractured Atlas offers. I don't think you'll find it for $200, but a quick look at their site suggests it might be more like $425. That's for an annual policy, though, and you'd have to join FA (around $10/month). I've never dealt with them personally, but I've looked into their policies quite a bit.

Back