• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Inspired - Fortnight Challenge

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
This is our entry for the Capital City Film Festival's Fortnight Film Challenge. A generous two weeks to make a short from scratch, using these elements: an umbrella, a body of water, dancing, and the line of dialog "where are we going?"

I'll never do a 48 hour again. They're just not fun anymore. I just don't move that fast, and come screening it appears everyone has their own methods of cheating (whether it's against the rules or not). But two weeks is plenty of time to come up with a sound idea and craft it to perfection. And this is one of the best things we've ever done, I think.

I came from writers' block, and the fact that I haven't had a good idea in friggin' MONTHS.

https://vimeo.com/39955948

Password is bigpencil

Happy Easter!

Another inspired film from the Johnston Brothers! All sorts of good things going on in this short, Joe. The push in on the "Where are we going?" text, the right to left reveal during the Wii game, the 8-bit soundtrack, your brother's expressions, the choice to go B&W (yes!) and the genesis of the project are just a few. :yes:

To paraphrase a quote from the recently published book "IMAGINE" (about creativity) Before there can be a breakthrough, there has to be a block. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v2O3Cc_q0Q

Writer's block will yield to writer's breakthrough.

Did the screening already happen?

You fellas are too kind. That's my son playing the boy; I thought he did great. After many personal and private struggles/roadblocks these past six months, it was very nice to get back to work. And I hope it continues.

Aww, man. That was pretty good. Very good.

The B&W? Okay. Sure. Fine.
But the camerawork, framing, story, etc. were beautiful.

Favorite scene to look at was @ 1:27, sitting on the bench at the lake.

I LMAO @ 2:41! "Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Quiet little munching mouth"
Ahhhh... Quiet. How I love thee.
(BTW, I have three of 'em. They don't ever STHU.)
Poor uncle Ethan. Just not equipped for parenthood. ;)

Your son dragging out all of his toys for S&T is grrrrrreat! :lol:

Congrats. I know I am late to the party. But figured I would say you did a good job. I just watched your short tonight. Glad you won a prize too. You kid did a great job too.

Back