• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Indie Jonesing Clip

Wheatgrinder you have no idea how big this little 12pt font "Thankyou" is dude. Making any film, short, doc, or feature, is really really hard but nobody tells you (that I remember) that it'll be even harder to get it seen.

I liked it. The begining song was annoying. But I liked the banter.

I expected this to be Indiana Jones related from thread title. I am a Indiana Jones fan.

Thanks again RockerRockStar

Yeah, the opening is supposed to be annoying, maybe I went overboard. The title is a bit misleading too but if you watch the whole thing its the most appropriate title for it!

Yeah I like your short it is great and probably true of a lot of people that buy cameras. Ha ha. I think you guys did a great job. I think the edit you have now looks good the intro song is short enough that it does not drive me crazy. If the intro song was any longer it would be really annoying

I feel like the story started and still needs to go on.

Last edited:
I liked it quite a lot.
Of course having grown up in Vancouver, I was already on your side.
Well done.

Rok

RRS,
I'm glad you wrote back. I'm so unsure of the thing right now I was ready to cut the "Love Freaks" jingle more... I mean that's the danger right, we make these things blind and then it's a freakin' nightmare when we get any criticism... at least for me... But I'm way too thin skinned for the film industry...

The location looks familiar, but I gotta admit, it's also fading a bit. I left Vancouver in early '96 to work in California. Street names, and driving directions were the first to go :huh: The US is quite nice, as well. I'll be a dual-citizen next year.

I think you did a great job with casting your leads. So much potential in those characters. I wanted to see more. How did you go about finding them?

The bearded guy is Dylan Taylor. He's done lots of stuff and I found him thanks to our casting director. The other guy is Tygh Runyan who has appeared in tons of indie films here and the US and was a recurring character on StarGate. I know every director says this, but it was my first feature and I was blessed with a great cast all around.

Yes! Loved it, looks excellent. Think I saw a trailer (or something) for this project before and it looks like it's going from strength to strength :)

He played Dr.Robert Caine in a number of episodes of Stargate Universe. I've only just started watching the show on Netflix so I haven't reached his episodes yet. But trust me, he's the star of the film and things get pretty crazy for the character. Tygh does a phenomenal job and is the easiest guy to work with. He is in 95% of the film and there's a twist in the film that was very scary to write because with the wrong actor, if it was performed poorly, the film would be ruined. He was pitch perfect.

I have not seen all of Stargate Universe I did not like that show as much as Sg1 and Atlantis. I don't think I have seen the episode with him in it yet.

Last edited:
A mix of 5D and RED 1. And we are big fans of both, the anti-5d stuff was just for laughs. I mean I learned filmmaking on a VX-2000 for fucks sake!

Back