Indie Interconnected Universe

The project leader should determine the format and a basic set of guidelines. He (Mike mintzdj) should also be responsible for the vessel or stage for the other directors to submit to. In other words, it's kind of like a variety show. Think up something like Saturday night live where you have a host, the main guy, and then you have Mr. Bill short films, commercials skits etc.

Recently, I watched a movie, called RE-KILL, about a paramilitary squad that kills zombie hordes. It was in the spirit of ROBOCOP and STARSHIP TROOPERS, where there were lots of little commercial breaks and other interruptions. The cool thing about this format was that the commercials didn't have to be in the same style as the show; they were separate productions, yet they all reflected an angle of the apocalyptic theme.

The very essence of this project needs to require the input of others. For instance the main character might be someone stuck at a radio outpost and he seeks transmissions from other worlds or ships, and this is where everybody else comes in.

If you really want to do this, you should hold a conference and brainstorm. And a conference, for what it's worth, should NOT be a virtual conference; it should be in person, because, when everyone is face to face, they will have group dynamics that wouldn't exist otherwise.

Yeah I agree. However that seems like a pretty unlikely scenario. I doubt we all live in a centralized location or could afford a trip somewhere for no guaranteed chance of return.

On the flip side of that coin, I am actually in the camp that this should be a mostly singular vision, with suggestions being accepted. Everyone will get to tell their own stories, they will just have to be told inside a universe with its own set of rules

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with. I toyed around with the idea a while back. It was shelved fairly quick.

If you really want to do this, you should hold a conference and brainstorm. And a conference, for what it's worth, should NOT be a virtual conference; it should be in person, because, when everyone is face to face, they will have group dynamics that wouldn't exist otherwise.

Your suggestions are pretty hilarious.

You want this dude to pay for an established writer that has a fan base and fly everyone out to meet in person for a discussion.

I don't know what you think his budget is but you're way off base.

Your suggestions are pretty hilarious.

You want this dude to pay for an established writer that has a fan base and fly everyone out to meet in person for a discussion.

I don't know what you think his budget is but you're way off base.

Many established writers will help out pro bono, if they believe in the project. As for the conference, many people hold conferences all the time. I agree the logistics of this one are grim, since there's no track record, but, if he wants to get it done right, he will have to spend the time and effort.

Last, but certainly not least, people brainstorm ideas, and the trick is not to discourage any ideas, no matter how outlandish.

Back