Indie FIlms

Great list Clive, thanks for taking the time to type that out.

No Problem, this is one of my favorite eras for film making. Not just in the US, but also in France where the Cinema De Luc was just taking off, giving us films like Diva and Subway. It was just a great period of innovative film making.

I think in the end the indie idea is meaningless, I know the Cohen Brothers have always attempted to keep creative control of their projects, but when you come down to it the real indies are people like Woody Allen, Alex Cox and David Lynch, idiosyncratic film makers who just can't exist within the studio system.

The problem for indies has always been the fact that the major studios control most of the distribution and distribution is the real key. I think if indies sould crack the distribution problem you'd see a lot less of them absorbed into the studio system,

Mikey D said:
Great list Clive, thanks for taking the time to type that out.

Are you refering to the list that Gorilla typed out?

And why are you taking credit for the list, clive?

And why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

Poke

Locust Tree...I live in canton, also a little cow town about 45 minutes outside of hartford. Where do you live?

Thanks a lot for the help, and the discussion guys. Hope i didnt create too much confusion.

Poke said:
Are you refering to the list that Gorilla typed out?

And why are you taking credit for the list, clive?

And why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

Poke

well now I am embaressed :bag:

and this is why I should never post before :coffee:

sorry gorilla and thanks

GorillaFilmmaker said:
here's a fantastic article that i will attempt to put in a cliff notes version (no net link) from a fall 1996 5th anniversary edition filmmaker magazine (yeah, that was a long time ago... :) ). i understand it may be a bit outdated, but a nice article to reference nonetheless.

the fifty most important independent films.
I saved that copy too! Yes, it's a great list. The cover is a pinkish color, right? Every now and then I pick it up.

Back