Indie Filmmaker from Olympia WA

Howdy folks. I run a successful video production business doing corporate events, commercials, weddings, biography videos and all kinds of other junk. For 10 years I produced an award winning public access TV show here in Olympia.
I've just finished production on my first short film, it's called "The Van Job." I'm pretty proud of it, it's a suspense kinda noir story that shifts gears 3/4's of the way through and becomes an action movie. I recommend checking it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ATOnpH22J8

Anyway, it's kinda weird, I see that every one else on here is going to, has been to, or is enrolled in some sort of film/video education program. I'm completely self taught, and quite proud of the fact. I may not have the same detailed technical knowledge as a media school graduate, but in my town, I hold my own in the video production arena.

I love making movies. I love shooting video, and I'm very fortunate to be able to do it every day.

Cheers!

whatcha been readin?.. most people here are noobs or pros, just a few are film students.

Welcome, from closer than you think (Mist Oregon).

Do you have a personal project in the works?

Hello.

And... pretty decent flick. Action was maybe a little subpar. However, you have a decent eye for shot composition and it doesn't look like your any stranger to lighting either. Or maybe you just surround yourself with the right people. Either way I give you kudos for both. Not the best acting I've ever seen but definitely not the worse. Kept me entertained through out for the most part and your pacing was not to shabby either. I think you could probably still cut out about 5 minutes or so still. Overall, a lot better then some of the stuff I've seen lately. Keep up the good work.

Back