• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

IMMIGRATION TANGO: New Feature Limited Theatrical Release

Okay,

Immigration Tango is a film I wrote that is getting a limited theatrical release through Roadside Attractions (who had a great Oscar day today with several nominations "Winter's Bone" & "Biutiful").

The movie will go to theaters February 18th!!

Select cities including: New York, Los Angeles, Miami and more.

Here is the trailer:
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/immigrationtango/

Please be sure to tell friends in those cities to check it out. If it does well, it might even screen in my own town (Atlanta)...that's the goal.

thanks,

Martin Kelley

"Step Off" Available everywhere on DVD March 15th!

did you only write it or did u direct it too? Trailer looks amazing! Looks like a hollywood movie :)

I wrote it. Was an Associate Producer as well.

It was directed by a veteran director David Burton Morris who's directed many television movies and the original Jersey Girl (not Kevin Smith's version) :)

Thanks for checking it out.

Martin Kelley

STEP OFF available March 15th!!

You mean the RED?

It does good work from what I've been told. I haven't used it on any projects I've been a direct producer on as yet.

Perhaps that will change in 2011 as we're looking to possibly shoot on the RED for our next feature.

-Martin

"Step Off" Available on DVD everywhere March 15th!

You can rent a decent Red Package for about $500 a day (couple lenses, tripod, extra battery, etc....)

The rental house in my town has been crying because the bottom fell out of their Red rentals after the
5DMK2 became popular.

You can rent a decent Red Package for about $500 a day (couple lenses, tripod, extra battery, etc....)

The rental house in my town has been crying because the bottom fell out of their Red rentals after the
5DMK2 became popular.

Yeah, Atlanta went that route with their short film projects quickly and I suspect the rental houses are a little miffed about it since RED was just warming up.

I'm still evaluating all the options as we'd love to step up to the RED but I'm wary of changing our process just as we're getting it smoothed out.

-Martin

"Step Off" Available on DVD everywhere March 15th!

An UPDATE...I'm told that in the 6 Cities I've listed (New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix) for the FEB. 18th Release it'll likely land on roughly 20 - 38 screens. I'll be posting a theater listing for indietalk members in those cities in hopes it will make it convenient for you to go out and see it in the theater (opening weekend preferably) so it might rate an expansion.

Thanks,

Martin

"Immigration Tango"
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/immigrationtango/

So, here's a list of confirmed screens thus far. Please try to see it or tell your friends in these cities to go see it.

In Miami:
South Beach, Miami
Paragon Coconut Grove
Sunset Place, Miami
Aventura, Aventura

In Houston:
Studio 30, Houston
Gulf Pointe 30, Houston
Willow brook 24, Houston
Deerbrook 24, Humble

In Phoenix:
Arizona Center 24, Phoenix
Deer Valley 30, Phoenix
Harkins Arrowhead Fountains 18, Peoria
Shea 14, Scottsdale
Arizona Mills 24, Tempe
Mesa Grande 24, Mesa
Gateway Pavilions 18, Avondale

In New York:
Regal E-Walk
AMC Village
National Amusements Farmingdale NY
AMC Palisades W. Nyack NY
National Amusements Showcase Bridgeport CT
AMC Jersey Gardens Elizabeth NJ
AMC New Brunswick NJ

So L.A. and Dallas haven't got specifics as yet but this is a good start.

Let me know which theater you are going to.

And thanks in advance for the support!!

-Martin

"Step Off" Available on DVD Everywhere March 15th!

Just want to bump this to see if anyone lives in the cities above?

If so, which theater would you see it in if you so desired?

thanks,

Martin

Very cool. I enjoyed this quite a bit. I was at the screening of this at BIFF [Boston International Film Festival] (my brother's film was in the same slot segment).

I also just worked with Todd Norwood this weekend, who I hear had a small hand in writing Immigration Tango as well.

Small world. Good luck with this.

Last edited:
Very cool. I enjoyed this quite a bit. I was at the screening of this at BUFF (my brother's film was in the same slot segment).

I also just worked with Todd Norwood this weekend, who I hear had a small hand in writing Immigration Tango as well.

Small world. Good luck with this.

Yes, Todd did indeed do a rewrite on it. I was able to come back again too after he had added some elements. But he'd worked with the producer on her first film too.

Thanks!

Martin

Updates on theater confirmations:

Two New in New York Area:
TENAFLY CINEMA 4, TENAFLY, NJ
KEROSOTES SHOWCASE, SECAUCUS, NJ

And 1 in L.A.
LAEMMLE MONICAS, SANTA MONICA

Hope to hear more soon and get at least a couple confirmations from Dallas, I know folks there

-Martin

Congratulations, martay!

So many success stories on this forum of late, it's really encouraging! I hope my movie cuts the mustard and will join them! :eek:

Back