If you could work with anyone, who would it be?

Shot Renegade said:
I've got a new 'who would I like to work with' idea...

And the answer is...

(drum roll)

(shortly followed by a cymbal)

Chris Cunningham! - just to see how crazy he really is.
Check out his Director's Series DVD. The drawings in the booklet freak me out.

Poke

Your "flying wombat" style very good... but no match for my "krazed kiwi" technique. Now fight!

<assumes karate stance>

\:D/

Wha...? Flying wombat?

I wouldn't pick that.. they have stubby legs.. lol

How're you Zenno? (don't ask.. I'm giving people random names today..)

/sigh

Tired and slaphappy, it seems. :P

Have a great weekend; time to hit the hay here.

(How about "leaping 'roo" style?)

Shot Renegade said:
They are truely radical! I love the bjork video - top notch :D
Oh... and of course - window licker... non PC!

Windowlicker was my first taste of Cunningham and Apex Twin. I remember seeing it at a friends house and just going ... "What?" It wasn't 'til a few years later when the same friend was telling me about the Bjork video that I realized that Cunningham had done the Windowlicker video - He was telling me Chris Cunningham did this cool Bjork video, and I was like, "Chris Cunningham, who's that?", and he was like, "He did that video with the bikini chicks with goatees and fucked up teeth", and I was like, "Oooooooooooh, that dude.". But as soon as he mentioned it I knew what he was talking about, and I'd only seen it once. It's a truely remarkeable piece of work that can stay with you for many years.

My personal fave of his is the Come to Daddy video. I rarely get frightened by images in film, but that video stuck with me through some restless nights for a long time.

And not to be left out are the other two directors in the Director Series DVDs, Michel Gondry and Spike Jonze. Three terrific directors, it would be fun to work with any of them.

Poke

pokewowplayer1 said:
pokewowplayer1 said:
I remember seeing it at a friends house and just going ... "What?"

I should note, that friend was - and always will be - Goat.

Poke

I've wondered .. is Goat Pokewowplayer2 :?:

Johhny Depp

I just thought of this idea for an adaptation of an Edgar Allen Poe story, were we find out that his stories are about himself. Johnny Depp would be a great Poe.

Chad

dunno yet. thinking maybe Tell-Tale Heart. put my own touch to it. change the main guys name to Edgar Allen Poe, and walla. or have it happen and he'll write it or something.
i dunno yet. just thought of the idea yesterday.

Chad

indietalk said:
I've wondered .. is Goat Pokewowplayer2?

Depends on how you mean that ...

Goat is a member of my creative team which was Pokewow Pikchurs, now Pecan Shell Pictures, so he'd be pokewowplayer2 or 3; but if you are asking if he is my lover then yes he is ... I mean no he's not, I'm married to a beautiful woman we'll call Jane ... Jane Doe.

Seriously, Goat is a good friend and partner, I have no biblical knowledge of him. I am married to a wonderful woman that puts up with my constant internet use and the occasional homosexual innuendo.

Poke

Yea, that's what I meant ... if he was part of your team, seeing as you chose the number 1 .. I figured there were a few players. How is Pecan working out?

:)

Pecan Shell is slowly rumbling to life. I am desperately wanting to shoot a short and at least two music videos this summer. All three projects would be no budget with very minimal shooting time. The problem right now is that we can't seem to find a time when we're all free to work together. We'll get it done though.

Poke

Back