If you could shoot in any place in the world?

A huge studio complex with enough of a budget to build elaborate sets. While I'd love to shoot in all the places listed so far, having a controlled space to shoot without natural outside annoyances would be an amazing experience for a change.

Good one.

A huge studio complex with enough of a budget to build elaborate sets. While I'd love to shoot in all the places listed so far, having a controlled space to shoot without natural outside annoyances would be an amazing experience for a change.

Yep, a massive real soundstage would be pretty awesome.

It's hard to watch Lord of the Rings and not say New Zealand. And after I visited and toured the filming locations there I'm pretty sure that it was designed by God for epic moviemaking.

In more realistic terms I'm always tempted to try and shoot something up in the dramatic Scottish highlands. Some beautiful landscape up there. Ditto for somewhere like Yellowstone.

Urban places pose more of a problem and are also much of a muchness. How many times have we seen New York on screen? How many times have we seen LA? London? Paris? Tokyo? So I'd probably have to go for somewhere interesting like Pyongyang but I'm not sure if would be a great place to film.

I actually really like Ray's idea for a short documentary. It's a genuinely interesting concept (not sure how glib you were being).

Back