• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I THINK I GOT MY INTRO DOWN!

This is just my two cents worth.

1. The Flames should cover the entire screen and as they disappear the name should appear.

2. The pieces that fall to expose the name, should fall a little slower. They just drop right now.

2. The smoke should come in a little slower. Right now it covers the name before I have a chance to read the words. Of course I can't really read graffiti text anyway.

Besides these things (which are only my opinion) it looks great.

That's pretty sweet! I honestly probably would have made the mistake of blending the graffiti in too much and made it unreadable. Also, I'm no sound designer but I'll take a swing at it if you don't mind.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MQQkfXCA80
Not sure if you wanted music or anything and it's not amazing but I just wanted to see what I could do.

Hey man, that sounds pretty good. I might actualy go with that if no one can make better.

This is just my two cents worth.

1. The Flames should cover the entire screen and as they disappear the name should appear.

2. The pieces that fall to expose the name, should fall a little slower. They just drop right now.

2. The smoke should come in a little slower. Right now it covers the name before I have a chance to read the words. Of course I can't really read graffiti text anyway.

Besides these things (which are only my opinion) it looks great.

Alright thanks man ALL criticisim helps to make me better! thanks man!

I can't make out what the production name is b/c the "tagged" font is really blocky and unreadable, as mentioned above. It just looks like scribbles to me. But the other FX are OK.

What sort of movies are you making anyway? Action? Urban? Urban-action? Is the logo indicative of your shooting style and overall aesthetic?

Good luck with it!

I can't make out what the production name is b/c the "tagged" font is really blocky and unreadable, as mentioned above. It just looks like scribbles to me. But the other FX are OK.

What sort of movies are you making anyway? Action? Urban? Urban-action? Is the logo indicative of your shooting style and overall aesthetic?

Good luck with it!

Thanks. This is more just like a general intro. I didnt make it for any project specificly just testing out my skill. :)

The explosions/fire are too opaque, change the layer mode to "add". All of the debris and smoke elements are the same. You spaced the timing a little which would work great if you would speed up and slow down(10-20%) each clip to make them a bit more random. Also scaling them unevenly will help with the illusion.
Take one of the falling debris assests and scale it realllly large so it covers the entire screen. Move that layer to the top of the stack and then apply a blur to it. It will put more debris in the foreground. You could do the same with some smoke if you knock the transparency down some.
If you would light the background texture unevenly it would give the sequence more depth.

Just a critique from a commercial viewpoint is that:

a) I honestly can't really read the font you chose - it's difficult for me to understand that it says "Brettzdamn Productions". Maybe it's just me...

b) Logos stay on the screen long enough to still be able to see them when someone is fast-forwarding their DVD player or (god help you if you release one) VHS player. So, make it last a little bit longer on the screen is what I would suggest. It's your brand - make it seen as much as possible!

The explosions/fire are too opaque, change the layer mode to "add". All of the debris and smoke elements are the same. You spaced the timing a little which would work great if you would speed up and slow down(10-20%) each clip to make them a bit more random. Also scaling them unevenly will help with the illusion.
Take one of the falling debris assests and scale it realllly large so it covers the entire screen. Move that layer to the top of the stack and then apply a blur to it. It will put more debris in the foreground. You could do the same with some smoke if you knock the transparency down some.
If you would light the background texture unevenly it would give the sequence more depth.

Just a critique from a commercial viewpoint is that:

a) I honestly can't really read the font you chose - it's difficult for me to understand that it says "Brettzdamn Productions". Maybe it's just me...

b) Logos stay on the screen long enough to still be able to see them when someone is fast-forwarding their DVD player or (god help you if you release one) VHS player. So, make it last a little bit longer on the screen is what I would suggest. It's your brand - make it seen as much as possible!

Thanks guys im going to take all of these sugestions into account and im going to alter the animation. I will upload The new one when i am done and i want as much constructive critisism on the new one as i got on this one! :lol:

Back