• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I finished my screenplay but now I need some help

Ok, I just finally finished writing my script and I'm not sure if everything is correct with the script or not, in regards to if the story is a good story or if it still needs work or not? So can I send my screenplay to someone for a review/critique? Can someone review/critique it for me? And if someone can review and/or critique it, I will be so appreciative, thank you.

m.charles60 (at) att.net

I'll read it on one condition: that I post my comments here in this forum.

I have a writing deadline this weekend, so it will likely be Monday or Tuesday before I can get back with you, though.

Let me know.

Cheers!

You wouldn't have to make the script public.

I've decided that if someone wants me to read an entire screenplay in this forum, which takes up a significant amount of my time, then in exchange that person can put up with me posting my critique here, where others who may also be new writers can benefit by reading my critique and any discussion we might have about improving your script. True, they won't know the details of the script, but they will see what I concentrate on, why I concentrate on it, and what my suggestions are.

I'm sure there's probably others who will read your script and offer private feedback. Cool.

If you want mine, though, that's the deal.

:)

The purpose of IndieTalk is to help any and all amateur, hobbyist, fledgling, up-and-coming, etc. filmmakers. There are a few professionals and extremely proficient hobbyists who offer their advice and critiques freely so that it benefits the entire IndieTalk community. If you want a private script consultation with our good friend "Adeimantus" I'm sure that he would be happy to charge his full rates. Otherwise the "price" that you pay is a public critique of your work.

Quite a number of folks here on IndieTalk have given the forum access to their scripts and the follow-up critiques led to some interesting discussions. Think of it as having your script ripped apart by your peers and a few "guest lecturers" in a screenwriting class.

And no one has had a problem with their ideas or script being stolen.

Furthermore, there's no shame in not having a perfect first-draft screenplay. I can guarantee you it's not perfect. My critique won't be deliberately cruel, but it won't sugar-coat anything, either, and I promise you it will be totally honest. That's the only way to learn, in my experience. Trust me, I still on occasion write stuff that would be considered a howler, and get my wrist slapped hard by people who write professionally or know the industry, and am grateful for their honesty.

Honest feedback from experienced people is absolutely priceless when trying to learn a craft.

Last edited:
Furthermore, there's no shame in not having a perfect first-draft screenplay. I can guarantee you it's not perfect. My critique won't be deliberately cruel, but it won't sugar-coat anything, either, and I promise you it will be totally honest. That's the only way to learn, in my experience. Trust me, I still on occasion write stuff that would be considered a howler, and get my wrist slapped hard by people who write professionally or know the industry, and am grateful for their honesty.

Honest feedback from experienced people is absolutely priceless when trying to learn a craft.

Well alright....I'll email you the script, I wasn't afraid of someone stealing my work, I was just nervous of getting bad reviews of my probably shitty work....However I am sure in my mind I'll receive horrible reviews because I'm always my own worst critic....But alright...

Is this the horror script from your other thread? You can PM me the link and I'll read at least the first ten pages.

And no it's a drama script I'm doing now but if you're offering to read the first ten pages, great, I'll PM you :)

Back