Hurricana Katrina?

Has anyone heard how Gulf Coast filmmakers have made it througfh Hurricane Katrina? What if any productions have been abandoned or put on hold and if the Louisiana, Mississippi or Alabama film commision offices are still running?

I just found out that they are bussing some survivors to my town. I'm gonna volunteer to help out... maybe adopt a family or something.

I was thinking about interviewing some people.

HOWEVER... how do you go about talking to people that have been SO affected by such a terrible thing? I'm not there to make them cry or anything, I just want them to tell their story... make a Mini DOC about it.... maybe even a feature?.. who knows.

I have been covering the tragedy a bit since it happened (unfortunately, I am not incharge of what stories our loacl news team covers so we haven't covered it as much as I would've liked). Basically, just ask them to tell their story. You'll find that many people want the world to know what happened to them.

Poke

You could do another Fahrenheit 9/11 on just how badly this administration botched the reaction to this thing. Any takers?

I learned on a blog called Tampa film fan that several productions have been shut down or postponed. The trades also have this information.

Back