Howdy!

I'm a media relations consultant who sometimes promotes those who act, direct, or otherwise are involved in making TV shows and movies. But I began my career as a news and sports reporter in radio and print media. Whew! How the landscape has changed. I remember when AM radio was king, TV and radio stations employed a cast of thousands, and there were more newspapers than you can imagine. The ballplayers - they all used to be regular Joes making about the same money as us, but are now multi-zillionaires! I'm a fan of the Lakers, Dodgers, UCLA and the KC Chiefs. I love to golf and I'm a nut about space exploration.

You have a great background!

STAR TREK: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK is one of your favorites? Thumbs up from me. Some guy on another site was saying how he liked it the best. Some other people started posting some "laughing" emojis. I came to his defense by stating that every character had such a wonderful bit in that movie, so I liked it best, also. Stealing the Enterprise is such a great sequence.

Thanks! For me, the original Treks always had lots of REAL science, not just a made-up bunch of techie words. Because of these real concepts, it gave those shows even more "believeability." There's more to movies than sets, acting, etc. What they have to say is really important to me.

Thanks! For me, the original Treks always had lots of REAL science, not just a made-up bunch of techie words. Because of these real concepts, it gave those shows even more "believeability." There's more to movies than sets, acting, etc. What they have to say is really important to me.
I had the same reaction to the original star trek motion picture.
It seemed more believable than the modern incarnations with their teleporters and shuttle bays.

Welcome to IT!

I had the same reaction to the original star trek motion picture.
It seemed more believable than the modern incarnations with their teleporters and shuttle bays.

Welcome to IT!
Oh! So glad to hear someone else "gets" it. Why's all this important? Because Star Trek's portrayal of a positive future becomes more engaging and satisfying when the science that "purports" to underpin this future is actually based on real facts, even if the scriptwriters then take those facts and imagine devices/systems/materials/more science to make it all happen.

Back