How Would You Rate This Monitor?

Wow are monitors really that expensive? That's mind blowing. And look at the two reviews up for that, I certainly wouldn't purchase it if every single review wasn't positive.

I forgot to specify, I'm looking for a good 22" OFF CAMERA battery powered monitor for outdoor use to video tap a DPs camera. This is both RED and HD compatible and plugs into the HDMI port.

The one I linked to is the closest I can find.

Can someone point me into looking at a better solution?

Thanks.

Ikan is a pretty cheap brand. Marshall and TVLogic are great. JVC is also a great monitor brand. They're pretty well priced and high quality. Almost every exhibitor that didn't make their own monitor used JVC for their booths at NAB earlier this year.

I have a Marshall Field Monitor that uses video composite RCA connections. It is good with my Canon HV30. But, the screen is only 5.4". The largest screen HDMI field monitor Marshall makes in BJH Photo's selection is only 7". I want something with a bigger screen. Ikon and Manhattan are the only 2 companies with 8.9" screens. I need a battery powered monitor because a large portion of what we shoot is outdoors.

JVC isn't even listed making a field monitor. Sony is. But, they only make their's with 5 and 6 inch screens.

It's a well-known fact that you always pay more for the top of the line. Sony is the top of the line in electronics.

My problem with JVC is that it is built cheaper than Sony. For a field monitor, B&H recommends Marshall. But, I do need something bigger than 7". So, they recommended a Production Monitor.

I'll add the Sony to my wish list. I may get something cheaper just for next years shoot with other expenses for the shoot to consider.

Back