• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

screenplay how would i find a screenwriter for a New Indie Film

Im a somewhat new indie Filmmaker that has a low budget full length film project , i have a storyline that i would like collaborate on with a screenwriter (maybe that new screenwriter ) , I My goals are have a film with compelling story great sound, Cinematography, good cast and soundtrack. How would i find that screenwriter maybe one looking at a opportunity, Not sure yet what budget i will have as im planning at starting a kickstarter, any help would be much appreciated

Im a somewhat new indie Filmmaker that has a low budget full length film project , i have a storyline that i would like collaborate on with a screenwriter (maybe that new screenwriter ) , I My goals are have a film with compelling story great sound, Cinematography, good cast and soundtrack. How would i find that screenwriter maybe one looking at a opportunity, Not sure yet what budget i will have as im planning at starting a kickstarter, any help would be much appreciated
Hi, what is your storyline, my friend?

Do you have millions of followers on instagram or something?

Or maybe you have some marketing funds and a lot of past success using kickstarter?
Can you point to some past successes that show you know how to organize a kickstarter marketing campaign?

Without either of these things, I fear you will have trouble finding a writer to do your legwork for you.
Here is what would be an incentive to get a writer to work with you.. if they can work on THEIR idea.

And then you do the legwork for them on helping make THEIR storyline into a reality.
I bet you can find a screen writer that way!

And then after you make a film, you'd have a WAY easier time trying to produce a second film with your own idea.

Last edited:
The storyline that im looking at is Two brothers, one 14 years old, a gamer who doesnt do much else and his older brother 18, a rebel of sorts who want his younger brother to experience life and outside his box, borrow/steal his fathers prized 1966 gt-350 mustang fastback on a roadtrip , the mother and father follow in a 1970 Dodge challenger in hopes of finding them with plot twists, and scenarios along the way, any screenwriter is open to change or follow in a different direction what they think would be a great idea. As a low budget filmmaker use what you have at easy access to make it easier , cheaper, i have access to as many classic cars, a drag strip, and restoration shop as locations. i want the film to look like a million $, so locations, story and visually appealing.

You should try colleges and universities. Those that have a theater and/or film/TV
program.

Back