• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

HOW TO GET BEST FROM CANON 550D

HI
MY FRIEND BOUGHT NEW CANON 550D AND IAM PLANNING A SHORT WITH THAT CAMERA SO I WANT ALL TUTORIALS OF THAT CAMERA I WANT TO KNOW HOW CAN I TAKE BEST QUALITY WITH THIS AND MY SHORT FILM THEME IS CRIME SO , PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE....................

HI
MY FRIEND BOUGHT NEW CANON 550D AND IAM PLANNING A SHORT WITH THAT CAMERA SO I WANT ALL TUTORIALS OF THAT CAMERA I WANT TO KNOW HOW CAN I TAKE BEST QUALITY WITH THIS AND MY SHORT FILM THEME IS CRIME SO , PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE....................

THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT. :)

As Steve and Ewan have said, your film will look good because of your composition and lighting (and production design), not specific settings on your camera.

Here's a great thread with some lighting setups and how they were done to get you started: Lighting by Example!

Talented people looking after Production Design, Composition and lighting of your scenes, pulling focus on the camera, Directing the actors, actually acting in the scene, recording sound and writing the script..

That's what will make your short film great :)

The problem with a lot of newer filmmakers is that they want to know everything RIGHT NOW. The only best way to learn film is to experiment. It never hurts to try and figure some stuff out yourself. For one, read the manual.

The problem with a lot of newer filmmakers is that they want to know everything RIGHT NOW. The only best way to learn film is to experiment. It never hurts to try and figure some stuff out yourself. For one, read the manual.

This too. The manual is often overlooked but it provides so much valuable info.

Back