How many features have you made in year?

as the title suggests.. I have 4 features (one im currently writing) that I want to make, I'm hoping to make 2 features a year..

have you ever made more than one in a year? im talking about actual shooting though not post production...

Yikes! If you go back to starting writing, I've made 2 features in the past 6 years.
But if you mean how long have I taken to actually shoot each? They were each 20 shooting days stretched over the course of a month.

I haven't even started writing a feature yet.
I'll do that in a few months.

It's not a terribly low budget premise but I'll have to crack that nut when I get to it.

I don't fully understand your question, there are 4 basic phases to make a film, 5 if you include marketing and distribution. Are you asking specifically about phase 3 (production/shooting) or about pre-production as well? In my experience, phases 2 and 3 take roughly a year, with phase 3 on it's own taking about 2 months or so.

G

As in first my first post I mean shooting..

You said: "How many features have you made in year?" and then you stated "make" or "made" a further three times in your first post. The production phase of filmmaking is not "making" the film, it's just shooting it. If anything, a film is "made" in post-production ... which is what made your OP confusing.

G

I think the most confusing thing about the post is that you mention writing the scripts and then shooting them, which means that people have logically filled that gap with the pre-production process.

As a DoP it would be fine, expected even, to shoot a couple of feature films in a year. Likewise, I'm sure the sound guys could comfortably fit a couple of feature films into the annual schedule. But if you're talking about the process, as a writer, of bringing your script from conception to the screen, then I would strongly urge you not to rush into committing to too much over a short time frame. I would never expect to do two features in a year if I was involved in both the writing and the shooting.

ok my first post is confusing, let me clarify..

Have you ever *Shot* for more than one feature in a year and I mean as an auteur..

that should clear things up :)

Back