• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

how good would a movie be shot on a ipod touch 4

Also we have this new thing called meta. You no longer need to make a film. You can now make something called a "reaction video" which is just a film of you watching a film. Like actually a film of you sitting on your sofa and watching television. It's an amazing creative opportunity for everybody.
But if that sounds like too much of a constraint on your creativity, the future of video entertaiment also includes videos of people opening boxes containing the equipment that they'll use to make videos and reacting to what they find inside. A very modern twist on the phrase "what it says on the tin". :coffee:

Last edited:
Hmm what about a shark tank for movies... where people come and pitch their scripts and then every season the top 3 get made with various levels of budget. I'd watch that.
On a verrrrrrry long (and hot) drive today, I was thinking: what about running a movie-making experiment where the entire budget was devoted to marketing? :D

Hmm what about a shark tank for movies... where people come and pitch their scripts and then every season the top 3 get made with various levels of budget. I'd watch that.
That's actually not bad. The show would provide advertising for the films, and the films would kind of serve as bonus episodes. There some pretty complicated math involved in figuring out what those prize levels should be. The three movies would be teed up to succeed, on the same network that did the show, and there'd be an opportunity for the studio to do a full budget film that actually made money, considering the vertical integration. Then that aspect could have a cyclic effect on the show's budget. There's definitely some possibility for a show that produces a movie a year with 21 hours of advertisement for that movie leading up to the release. You'd really want to film all episodes back to back, decide the winner, give them the budget, let them make the film, review it's quality, then release the episodes with timing that coincided with the film release.

You mean bring Project Greenlight back? Yeah.
Oh hell no, that was awful. And about a bunch of stupid, obviously fake drama that had nothing to do with making a film... and the scripts were already written when each season started. so it wasn't about pitching an idea at all.

I'm talking more like regular everyday people, not industry experts, coming in and pitching their idea of a film in a shark tank / american idol style without a script or anything. really focus on the pitch aspect, and go over like 120 differnt ideas in the course of a season, and the audience gets to hear and think about every idea, call in and vote on their favorites, etc etc

Last edited:
Back