How big will you make it?

I don't want to work a dayjob. I want to do what I love and pay the rent. I don't want to be rich and famous. If I could make a living doing music for made-for-tv movies where most audience members won't notice, let alone care about the music, that's great! I think I have a long way to go before my technical skills are there (let alone the self-promotion aspect, at which I've always been terrible) but I think each project I've done shows growth. I'm learning where my weaknesses are, and trying to improve them. And I'm making music I enjoy listening to, which is my secondary goal!

That's great, how many projects have you done?

If I could make a living doing music for made-for-tv movies where most audience members won't notice, let alone care about the music, that's great!

"Filmmaking is the art of the invisible; if anyone notices your work you haven't done your job right."

That's great, how many projects have you done?

3 feature scores, a good dozen short films, a handful of commercials, some odd jobs (haunted houses, web promo videos, intro music for metal bands). Haven't tried doing any video game work, but that's on my list of things to attempt! Currently finishing up a short film score for IT member CamVader (though he doesn't post here as much as he used to)

And right on, Alcove!

3 feature scores, a good dozen short films, a handful of commercials, some odd jobs (haunted houses, web promo videos, intro music for metal bands). Haven't tried doing any video game work, but that's on my list of things to attempt! Currently finishing up a short film score for IT member CamVader (though he doesn't post here as much as he used to)

And right on, Alcove!

Impressive, sounds like you are well on your way!

Fuck yeah, sfoster, DO IT! Every dream is insanely unrealistic, until you make it happen. Nobody has ever done great things by playing it safe and being realistic.

Back