How are the gun props at shortyusa.com?

Sorry if that was the wrong forum to post this, not sure where to talk about props. The guns from that company seem pretty good, but I want to order some of the ones that actually make the visual movements, and not order one or two, that do not for some reason, that weren't advertised as not being able to do so. It's hard to tell on the site which guns are the good ones, since some go from $30 to $300. Sure they make them sound good but you don't know what hidden surprises you could be in for. Some filmmakers online have used them and praised them. Are their any other websites that sell the same guns or better, or what's the best place to shop for those kind? The kind where the bolts actually go back and the gun produces smoke that is. Thanks.

Last edited:
There are a few sites that have shell-ejecting guns, they even have somewhat of a muzzle flash and they smoke also, yet they're extremely quiet and don't fire blank rounds. They're a bit pricey depending on where you look for them, I usually check out evike and redwolfairsoft.
If you can figure out a specific model/make that you like, try scoping out eBay or even craigslist for 'em. I've seen them here and there.

Sure but the problem with ebay and craiglists is you don't know what you're getting or what they do.

I'm assuming you are looking for blowback pistols and shell ejecting rifles. Redwolf Airsoft has some really badass shell ejecting airsoft rifles and tons of airsoft websites have the blowback pistols. The best ones seem to be the gas blowback although there are electric blowback (EBB) however they aren't very good quality.

You can get some really cool blank firing pistols that have blowback however they require more safety on set.

Okay thanks. I'm trying to avoid having to have hired safety on set legally, so I want those blowback guns that don't legally require it.

Back