HORRORS OF WAR on DVD (finally)

HORRORS OF WAR on DVD

HORRORS OF WAR will be released on November 6th, 2007 to Blockbuster, Best Buy, Amazon.com, Target, and more retail and rental stores.

===========

Horrors of War is an official selection for the IT CAME FROM LAKE MICHIGAN Film Festival in Brookfield, WI. October 26th-28th, 2007. Peter John Ross is set to be a special guest at the 2007 IT CAME FROM LAKE MICHIGAN fest along with Uwe Boll, Lloyd Kaufman and other esteemed collegues Oct 26th-28th, 2007.

===========

Horrors of War won the BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS award at the Fright Night Film Festival in Louisville, Kentucky Saturday August 18th, 2007. Horrors of War was Juried by a panel of five and found to be worthy of winning the 2007 BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS AWARD due to the realism of the makeup effects and the complexity of it's ability make you believe it was real during the gunfights and battle wounds. The judges were overwhelmingly in favor of it winning this category by a large margin.

===========

directors John Whitney & Peter John Ross won "Emerging Filmmaking Talent" at the 'B' Movie Celebration in Indiana this past weekend as well.

No word yet on what they will or won't include in the extras...

Maybe nothing. I recorded a commentary track and everything, plus hours of extras, but they may pass on all of them.

Personally, I love extras. The more the better. Especially commentary tracks.

I love listening to the director (or someone else on the track) say things like "Watch the left side of the screen where you catch the soundman holding the boom" or "This is where I tripped over a cord and that's why the camera suddenly jerks like that."

The best DVD commentary I ever heard was "It was when I was shooting this take when I met my wife. What a shitty day that was... "

Horrors of War WON "BEST HORROR FEATURE" in 2007 from the Bare Stage Theatre screenings in Red Bluff, California.

Since this was a screening and not a festival, I had no idea there was awards or prizes etc. This came as a shock to me to get the laurel leaves in an email this morning from these guys. That puts HORRORS OF WAR up to 5 awards so far.

Some audiences "get it", meaning the "B" movie aspects, the lack of taking itself too seriously. We weren't making the next installment of a Bruce Willis franchise. We shot out movie before GRINDHOUSE was even an idea. It's too bad the double feature bombed here in the U.S. because we could have ridden those coattails to the bank. Maybe on DVD people will groove on this as a low budget companion to the PLANET TERROR/DEATH PROOF discs. Then again, maybe not.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Just got in a few copies of the DUTCH Horrors of War DVD. They chose the blue Hitler cover art as well. This time actors Joe Lorenzo and Jason Morris made the back cover, along with a 4 shot (a Peter DeLane trademark 4 shot I might add). CLICK HERE to view the bigger DVD art image thingy

It's pretty darn cool to get your own movie from all over the planet. The day I stop getting excited about this kind of thing is the day I should stop doing this. I hope I stay this giddy about filmmaking the rest of my life.

It's out!!!

I had to rent my own movie from Blockbuster yesterday... just to see what is on the disc and most importantly to me - to hear the sound mix. THank god it's my final sound mix.

They chose NOT to include the commentary track, so I'm making it an MP3/Podcast download so people who are interested can actually hear it still. Anyone think this is a good idea?

Absolutely.. I think it kind of sucks they didn't include it. Not like it really takes up much space on the disc. Congrats on the award too. :)

It doesn't take up a lot of space, but the extras they DID include do.... probably 45 minutes of MAKING OF videos, so it's chock full of extras.

Since there wasn't room, we've made the commentary track a free download on the site. CLICK HERE to download the podcast COMMENTARY TRACK for HORRORS OF WAR, it's a 28 meg download of an MP3, so feel free & put on your Ipod or MP3 player, and cue it up with the start of the DVD and enjoy the commentary with directors Peter John Ross & John Whitney with producer Philip R. Garrett.

The review in our local paper, the Columbus Dispatch was very good! Local filmmakers rarely get reviewed or mentioned in that publication, so this is a major coup for us.

CLICK HERE TO READ DISPATCH REVIEW

Rent the movie today at BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO stores Nationwide!!!!

Congrats! I'm picking up my copy this weekend when I get out of the hospital. Second surgery starts in hours.

What's their reason for not including the commentary track? That's pretty weak not to include one nowadays, especially when you have one ready to add to the disc.

Congrats! I'm picking up my copy this weekend when I get out of the hospital. Second surgery starts in hours.

What's their reason for not including the commentary track? That's pretty weak not to include one nowadays, especially when you have one ready to add to the disc.

There wasn't enough room! They crammed the disc full of extras for a single disc & it is a dual layer DVD-9

The commentary track is already online - see above post

I hope you're feeling better. Chin up soldier!!!

the bane of my existence

and like a zombie, the first feature film we made will never die http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007PCLR8U all new cover art, no new money from the distributor...

91RCSnEhmWL._SL1500_.jpg

Back