• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch His Flying Machine - Live In Lincoln

Oh really? How do you mean? Like the picture was dark or there was no picture? It was recorded and uploaded in high definition maybe it needs to be played in SD for your computer I don't really know.

I mean it's really really dark. The only time I could really see anything is when someone would take a picture with a flash.

Did you have access to any lighting for this shoot? What camera did you use?

Thats really weird because ive got it up now and i can see everything pretty much fine. Honestly the lighting we had was pretty limited the venue was tiny (we let the band pick the venue) and packed (the band is pretty big in Lincoln). We just barely managed to get 2 Panasonic (I want to say DVX100 but i'm pretty sure they dont shoot in HD) and a Canon 500D for the in tight shots. The majority of lights and other eqipment had to stay upstairs.

But like I said I can see it fine on my laptop, which is unplugged at the moment so the screen brightness is at half. And i tinkered with the the picture when i edited the piece becuase the original footage was a bit dark I will admit. So I honestly don't know what to say. I've watched it on other computers and it looked fine too, you could see the image.

What would you suggest?

Even when I watch it on my HDTV, I still have some serious trouble making anything out. Sure you can tell it's a guy with a guitar, but for my eyes, and I'm not trying to be over-critical here, it's just waaay too dark.

My suggestion would be to use more lighting (or any) next time. If the venue won't allow it, I would suggest finding a new venue or shooting a music video that's not live so you can have more control.

Oh yeah I will conceed that the venue was waaaaay to small for what the artist wanted, but hey its what the artist wanted. We have talked about a music video but I honestly don't think it's ever going to come to fruition.

Thanks for the feedback though. I'll see what others say and if theyre having the same problem I'll after effects it and see what I can do. And at the end of the day its about the music really.

00:49-1:03 is dark to the point I can't make anything out. Again @ 1:14. That same vantage point at 1:14 appears throughout. The whole thing seems seriously underexposed.

Also, on a side note, the bass player is out of tune, I think. And if you know these guys, you might suggest that when working with minor key/dissonant themes in their music, they might keep the bass line to the mid/upper register of the instrument. It make it easier for us to hear. IMHO.:)

I do agree that 0.49 to 1.03 is actually pretty bad, the band started before the crew were totally ready and so that was the only camera that properly running at that point, it was only luck that we got the shot before that.

Yeah they did have a bit of trouble with the bass at the start but he re tunes after this song. They pretty much just started out of the blue before anyone was ready maybe it was nerves becuase of the cameras.

I thnk maybe I'll take this clip down as it's not the best show case and put one up from later on in the show where everything is going smoothly. The only reason I put this up was because it was right at the start and easy for me to trim and put on youtube lol.

Back