Helping hand thread....it's all about networking

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
The Networking Lounge is all about networking!

Anyone that's ever produced a film has been in a jam, in one way or another. Wheter it's the make-up artist not showing up on the set, or the lighting company you are dealing with running out of lights.

Anyway ... I thought it would be interesting if you could reply to this thread with two things.

1) What would you be willing to do for free or low pay to help out on another member's production?

2) What is your location?

I would be willing to be an assistant for free, because I want to be a film maker and I would just love to be able to watch and learn. I will also act for free, and I am located in Ottawa, Canada

This is a good thread inditalk, good way to keep things organized.

Firstly, Hi fellow indies!

indietalk said:
1) What would you be willing to do for free or low pay to help out on another member's production?

Edited: If you want a non union crew member in OC, PM me.

indietalk said:
2) What is your location?
I'm in Orange County, California.

As long as it fits with my schedule I can do anything just to get some more experience and contacts.

I am located in the Austin area, in Texas.

Poke

Willing to Help

I would help anyway I could. I have worked a little in lots of different aspects of the business. I am located out of Tulsa, OK.

I would be happy to donate time for special effects and/or editing (time permitting of course ;) ). I live in the Bozeman Montana area.

If you have a film that needs some promotion and eyes on it drop me a line. I freely promote indie movies on my site along side the big name flicks. Happy to do my part for Indie Film Makers.

Free: it depends, if it was a major motion picture with Renee Zellweger I’d be her fluffer for free. For indies, I might do some editing or After Effects work. I’m more concerned if the project really interests me. Even a little pay is always better than free.

Equipment: XL1 camera kit, 2 lights - good for commercials and simple stuff. Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Final Draft, gigs and gigs of memory.

Joe Garbutt

I would help anyway I was able to as well. But I would qualify that statement by adding that my major interest lies in the business aspects of film making - securing the deals, securing the financing, working on the marketing campaign and promotional plan etc. That sort of stuff. Aside from that, I have a minor interest in the production management aspects as well - such as budgeting and scheduling. I don't have much interest in directing, make-up, construction, the "hands on" aspects of this industry if you will. Now, even though I don't have much interest in this aspect of movie-making, I acknowledge that all aspects of our industry are equally important.

I'm currently located in Orange County, CA. I look forward to working with you all someday.

as we say in southwest detoit i am DOWN FOE WHATEVEA haha yea but i can help out i live in detroit mich,and i am gonna be doing a lot of traveling for my film i am makeing.

-carlos

What would I do?

I would be willing to do just about anything. I've built an editing station and am continuing to add to it. I would do it for the experience instead of monitary consideration. Recognition in the credits would be fine for me.

NW Chicago suberb is where I live, Elgin, IL.

Let me know what's going on in Chicagoland.

Film Score

Schedule permitting, I'd be willing to compose a music score for your film. Send me an email anytime if your interested. Good luck, I know it's tons of work.

I would gladly do anything that would be needed. I am more interested in the technical side of filmmaking (camera, lighting, sound, etc...) but would be willing to take on any roll so as to better learn the whole gamut.

I am currently in Jacksonville, Florida.

Just thought I would offer my help as a self-taught colorist. I have access to fairly high level color correction software and am absolutely willing to work for free - in fact I'm looking for work!

If you are interested please feel free to send me a production still or two so you can see if I can do what you need.

Curious here, Shaw...

How did you decide that "colourist" was your thing? It sure seems pretty specific.

What is it about the task that made it seem right for you?

AND,,, what exactly does a colourist do?

Genuine questions.

Well I think the term is fairly broad. I use it here to refer to someone who works with color adjustment (both out of necessity and for effect), gamma, contrast etc. Pretty much tweaking anything that needs to be tweaked to get the best possible picture in post.

I'm not entirely sure what made it seem right for me. Truthfully I doubt this will be my "career" in the long run. It's mostly for my own enjoyment and (perhaps sometime in the future when I have enough shoots behind me) extra cash while I go to school :P.

That said, ever since I became involved with video I have found image manipulation to be fascinating. I'm not sure why. I started learning more about the area when I got mad at premiere because I couldn't get the response I wanted out of my images with the built in capabilities. Now that Premiere Pro is out there are a lot more - especially if you throw in the Color Finess plugin. There's just something amazing about watching a flat lifeless piece spring to life.

Back