• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Help With Sr. Project Funding

Hi Everybody

I'm a Senior in a Film program at a small liberal arts school in Idaho and I'm working on getting my Sr. Project off the ground.

I could really use some help in the money department and anything would help, even if it's only $5.

If you would like to read more about my project or pledge to my Kickstarter project follow the link below.

The Local - A Story Retold

If you have any questions or comments please message me.

Thanks So Much,
Andrew

Hi Andrew and welcome to indietalk.

We get several of these requests a month - a first
time poster asking fellow, broke, trying to finance
their own movie, filmmaker to give them money.
Even $5. Most never post here again. They pop
in, ask for money and that's it.

For me it's hard to give even $5 to a film student
who has never posted here. I'm sure you understand.
I suspect you have never donated even $5 to a fellow
filmmaker who you don't know.

But I wish you luck on the money raising. I'll follow
your progress.

Yep, most of us are struggling just to fund our own films. :)

I've already sunk a few grand in preparing for my first feature film (Canon 7D, lenses, microphone, digital recorder, props, and software), but I've got a nice cushy software job that's helping me cover costs. Even so, I'm having to spread out the purchasing over several months so I don't go broke in the process.

Hi Andrew and welcome to indietalk.
They pop in, ask for money and that's it.

For me it's hard to give even $5 to a film student
who has never posted here.

I understand you perspective and would probably feel the same way. You are correct that I have not helped fund someone I don't know but that's mostly because I don't have any money. I can't say that I would have had I had the money though. There's just no way for me to know. I just figured it was worth a shot.

Your interest is appreciated though. It means when I'm done someone might actually be interested in seeing my finished piece.

Andrew

I understand you perspective and would probably feel the same way. You are correct that I have not helped fund someone I don't know but that's mostly because I don't have any money. I can't say that I would have had I had the money though. There's just no way for me to know. I just figured it was worth a shot.

It's always worth a shot. But most of the time understanding
the business end is very helpful. Know who to ask and where
to ask can give you a great advantage.

Those of us posting here are just like you - we don't have much
money and even if we did we would support people we already
know - not total strangers who have never posted here before.
How many of your six backers do not know you at all?

Back