Help with Shot list for a scene in my script.

Hi guys, I’m new to film making and we are shooting my next project the weekend of July 29th I’m proud of our script, but I’m clueless with the shot list because of everything going on. I know I’m asking a lot but could please take a look at my script and create a shot list for scene 13. EXT. FIELD PARTY – NIGHT. This scene has a lot going on and I want to do it right!

Thanks,
Bruce

12. INT. JAKE'S CAR - NIGHT

Jake speeds into the field parking area, looking from side to side as if he is looking for Alice's car as he drives past parked cars.

Three people catch his eye standing at a parked car.

They appear to him as zombies feeding from a person on the ground while looking back over his shoulder he hears THUMP as his car runs over something. Rides over a BUMP. Jake slams the brakes.

JAKE

Oh No!

cut to

13. EXT. FIELD PARTY - NIGHT

Jake gets out and runs around the car and finds a body underneath.

Jake looks around to see if anyone has noticed.

He turns back to see a leg moving. Jake slides the body out from under the car, a zombie emerges.

Jake falls back scared and scrambles to his feet.

As he turns to run, he sees a group of zombies moving towards him from the parked car.

Panicking, Jake runs towards the bonfire and away from the crowd of perusing zombies.

He sees zombies and dead bodies on blankets everywhere, he sees his girlfriend on a blanket, fighting off a zombie on top of her.

Jake struggles to get a golf club away from a zombie.

He smashes the club with all of his strength into the zombies skull and runs to help his girlfriend.

With the golf club, Jake hits the zombie on the back of the head and fights the zombie off his girlfriend. While struggling with the zombie his girlfriend runs away.

JAKE

Alice! It's me!

Three zombies approach Jake from behind.

He sees the zombies just as they were right behind him. Jake smashes the first zombie in the head with the golf club.

Once the first zombie goes down, Jake smashes the other two zombies, one at a time.

As he begins to walk away, he notices one of the zombies continues to squirm around on the ground.

Jake goes back and finishes off the zombie, leaving the golf club on the ground next to the now lifeless zombie.

JAKE

Alice! Alice!

Jake hears a scream. He turns to see his girlfriend surrounded by zombies. One of the zombies is Steve.

JAKE

Oh no, not you too.

Jake runs back and picks up the golf club and turns back to rescue his girlfriend.

As he approaches Alice, he sees police cars pull up behind him.

JAKE

(Yelling back towards the police officers)

Help, Zombies are everywhere.

As Jake turns back towards his girlfriend, he is tackled to the ground, hitting his head going unconscious.

The two police officers handcuff Jake; they grab him by the arms, lifts him up, and drags him to the police car. One officer shoves him in the back of the car and the other officer slams the door.

Police car drives away.

How does the scene appear in your head when you read this? Write down all those camera angles, whether they are close up, medium shots, wide establishing shots, etc.

Make a list of those shots and you're done!

Hi Sonny, I have actually downloaded some of your templates and using them. Thanks. Because I’m second guessing myself I'm starting to lose confidence. I want to make sure before I’m on set that I have the BEST plan ready so I do not lose respect of the cast and crew.

Bruce, I got the first batch of shots, but it's my bedtime....:yes: Maybe this will get you started. With the first shot, I'm picturing a head on shot of the car and headlights. It just screached to a stop and it's really dusty.....

SCENE 13. EXT. FIELD PARTY - NIGHT

1) MLS of car's headlights shining towards the camera. Dirt in the air from sudden stop. Pan right with Jake, as he gets out. He leans down to look.

2) CU (ground level) from under car, as Jake's head appears to look under the chasis.

3) MLS (same angle, but back) of Jake looking, then sees body. Pan Left. A hand appears in the foreground and the camera stops when much of the body appears in frame, mostly in shadow.

4) MCU of Jake (camera near rear tire). Jake hears something in the distance and looks beyond the camera.

5) LS of Jake, car and immediate roadway. He looks, but no sign of movement.

6) MCU of twitching foot! The victim's legs start moving, trying to get free.

7) SAME AS #4. Jake is startled. He pulls on the feet.

8) MLS profile of Jake pulling the man out.

9) MCU of man's stomach, then chest being pulled from under the car. The body stops as if hung up on the bottom of the car.

10) MS straight on of Jake. He gives a good yank and falls on his butt. His face looks towards the man.

11) MCU ground angle (from Jake's POV) of man - his chest and belly in foreground. His arms are covering his face. He starts to get up and we can see his bloody face. He looks wide-eyed at Jake and lunges.

12) CU of Jake's face. He freaks and crawls backwards.

13) WIDE angle profile of the two. Follow Pan as Jake scrambles from the zombie.

14) MCU of Jake's foot and zombie grabbing at it.

15) LS of Jake and zombie. Jake gets to his feet and runs to the camera - rack focus to MCU of Jake, zombie crawling in background. Jake sees a zombie horde.

16) LS of approaching zombie horde.

17) SAME AS #15. Jake looks the opposite way and runs.

18) LS of bonfire. Jake enters frame (from behind camera) and runs toward it.

19) SAME AS #16. Zombie horde moves even faster and gets close to the camera.

20) Dolly (golf cart, pickup truck, etc.) MS leading Jake who is running frantically, looking around.

21) Jake's POV of blankets and bodies, then his girlfriend. The camera gets closer to her, as she fights a zombie.

22) MCU of golf club laying in grass. Jake's feet enter from behind and he picks it up, exiting frame.

23) CU (girlfriend's POV) of zombie drooling and trying to bite.

24) MCU of girlfriend (over zombie's shoulder) screaming and trying to push off the zombie. She pushes the side of his face and raises his head up a bit.

25) MCU of zombie (girlfriend's POV). As she is pushing his head up, Jake enters the frame behind it and swings the club. Chunks go flying and the zombie jerks its head.

26) MS of zombie on girlfriend - Jake pulls it off. She scrambles off screen (in foreground), while Jake puts a finishing move on it.

27) MS dolly/or handheld follow of girlfriend crawling, standing up and running. "Alice!" She stops and looks back.

28) SAME AS #26. Jake yells towards Alice, "It's me!" As he stands 3 zombies enter frame and attack.

Bruce, I got the first batch of shots, but it's my bedtime....:yes: Maybe this will get you started. With the first shot, I'm picturing a head on shot of the car and headlights. It just screached to a stop and it's really dusty.....

SCENE 13. EXT. FIELD PARTY - NIGHT

1) MLS of car's headlights shining towards the camera. Dirt in the air from sudden stop. Pan right with Jake, as he gets out. He leans down to look.

2) CU (ground level) from under car, as Jake's head appears to look under the chasis.

3) MLS (same angle, but back) of Jake looking, then sees body. Pan Left. A hand appears in the foreground and the camera stops when much of the body appears in frame, mostly in shadow.

4) MCU of Jake (camera near rear tire). Jake hears something in the distance and looks beyond the camera.

5) LS of Jake, car and immediate roadway. He looks, but no sign of movement.

6) MCU of twitching foot! The victim's legs start moving, trying to get free.

7) SAME AS #4. Jake is startled. He pulls on the feet.

8) MLS profile of Jake pulling the man out.

9) MCU of man's stomach, then chest being pulled from under the car. The body stops as if hung up on the bottom of the car.

10) MS straight on of Jake. He gives a good yank and falls on his butt. His face looks towards the man.

11) MCU ground angle (from Jake's POV) of man - his chest and belly in foreground. His arms are covering his face. He starts to get up and we can see his bloody face. He looks wide-eyed at Jake and lunges.

12) CU of Jake's face. He freaks and crawls backwards.

13) WIDE angle profile of the two. Follow Pan as Jake scrambles from the zombie.

14) MCU of Jake's foot and zombie grabbing at it.

15) LS of Jake and zombie. Jake gets to his feet and runs to the camera - rack focus to MCU of Jake, zombie crawling in background. Jake sees a zombie horde.

16) LS of approaching zombie horde.

17) SAME AS #15. Jake looks the opposite way and runs.

18) LS of bonfire. Jake enters frame (from behind camera) and runs toward it.

19) SAME AS #16. Zombie horde moves even faster and gets close to the camera.

20) Dolly (golf cart, pickup truck, etc.) MS leading Jake who is running frantically, looking around.

21) Jake's POV of blankets and bodies, then his girlfriend. The camera gets closer to her, as she fights a zombie.

22) MCU of golf club laying in grass. Jake's feet enter from behind and he picks it up, exiting frame.

23) CU (girlfriend's POV) of zombie drooling and trying to bite.

24) MCU of girlfriend (over zombie's shoulder) screaming and trying to push off the zombie. She pushes the side of his face and raises his head up a bit.

25) MCU of zombie (girlfriend's POV). As she is pushing his head up, Jake enters the frame behind it and swings the club. Chunks go flying and the zombie jerks its head.

26) MS of zombie on girlfriend - Jake pulls it off. She scrambles off screen (in foreground), while Jake puts a finishing move on it.

27) MS dolly/or handheld follow of girlfriend crawling, standing up and running. "Alice!" She stops and looks back.

28) SAME AS #26. Jake yells towards Alice, "It's me!" As he stands 3 zombies enter frame and attack.

Bravo man!!

Back