Help with SAG ULB Film Also Shooting in UK

Hey everyone, I'm currently getting ready for my second feature film. It's a tight budget.

We are looking at shooting some of it in the US and some of it in the UK as we have access to amazing free locations and had a question around SAG actors working in the UK or the idea of going UK equity and not SAG...

Could we still have US actors that are part of SAG do it as a UK equity film exclusively?

Thanks,

Luke

It's my understanding that projects under the SAG ULB agreement must be shot entirely in the U.S. - that was your headline questions.

US actors generally need sponsorship to work in the UK, as I understand it.

https://britishfilmcommission.org.uk/guidance/visas-and-sponsorship/

Of course, if it's a no budget rather than low budget project, the other option is simply to go guerrilla and dodge those issues.
If that's what you choose, you're likely to have non-SAG Equity actors from the US as members generally avoid doing anything that might cause trouble for them later.

Once you take your Guild actors out of the U.S. the ULB agreement no longer applies.
"The Ultra Low Budget Project Agreement applies to those films shooting entirely in the United States with a maximum budget of $300,000."
You should check out the SAG/AFTRA website and look into the "New Media" agreement.

But you've peaked my curiosity: Even if you could pay the $240/day in the UK is
transporting and housing the US actors worth the use of the free locations?

Back