Help identifying buttons/controls on my Canon 814 Super8mm

My two Canon Auto Zoom 814's arrived today (purchased off eBay). Both seem to operate. Put the batteries in and the motors run.

Unfortunately, the manual i found online is not for this version of the 814. Same model, but clearly from a different generation. Nothing is the same, so I just cannot figure out what most of these buttons are for. :blush:

As mentioned in another thread, I know nothing about Super8mm. Picture of my camera is below, along with numbers placed next to the parts I am clueless about.

#7 is in red. That knob does not move on the model pictured. it does on the other camera, but not this one. Is it jammed?

Four #5, I know that turns the camera on, but what is the difference between R and RL?

Thanks for your help and please, apologies to you for being clueless. I've ordered some books on Super 8mm, but they have yet to arrive.

canon814whatis.jpg

Hi!

#5 R = Run and RL = Run Lock (I believe in RL position the trigger remains pressed and the camera runs even if you remove your finger from the trigger.)

I'll see what I can find out about the rest.

#7: Variable Shutter Control

Additional info:

That dial is for the variable shutter. Open is fully open, 2 is half open, 4 is a quarter, and close is closed.

#1: (The switch to the right of the frame rate selector dial) Exposure Adjustment
#2: Frame counter (and set knob)
#3: Footage counter

#4: Battery check button (to the left is the battery check/indicator window)

Yours appears to be the "Auto Zoom 814 Electronic"

http://www.mondofoto.com/manuals/canonautozoom814electronic/
(There's a link to the entire manual just below the diagrams.)

Pretty sure I have the manual, too, if you need it.

Forgot which site I got them from.

Edit: lol, FrankLad linked it earlier. Ta,

Attachments

• canon_autozoom-814-electronic_01.jpg
    canon_autozoom-814-electronic_01.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 106
  • canon_autozoom-814-electronic_02.jpg
    canon_autozoom-814-electronic_02.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 81
Back