Hello

Hey There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's great to have a female musician/composer here, there are too few of you around.

Put up some links to your work.

The picture to your left is my paternal grandfathers Aunt Emily. (The circle cuts off her face; she was pretty.) She played with bands and with silent movie orchestras. That's her kit. She met her husband while playing in a circus band. He either trained or took care of the elephants (we're not quite sure).

So, welcome.

Hey, there!

Thanks so much for your kind post! Love the photo and the story of your very great aunt! What a character!

i’m not sure where one posts links here, as I just joined today. (My web site is Hide the Guitars )

I’m really enjoying this site and very much appreciate your thoughtful welcome!

Love the photo and the story of your very great aunt! What a character
I wish I could have met her. What blows me away is she was doing "sound design" back in the early 1900's like I do now. Percussionists put together "contraptions" to create sound effects for silent films in the mid-level movie houses. The bigger your "contraption" (and your creativity) the more gigs you could get. "Contraptions" was shortened to "Traps," and the term continued to be used in the 30's and 40's even though they played what we now call a drum kit (Kik, Sn, HH, Toms, Cyms). So in 30's and 40's films you'll hear them say drummers "Play the traps."

Listened to a few of your tracks. I have some comments if you would like. PM me.

Peace.

Back