hello i have a question please

its about the film kuroi ame (black rain) 1989

the film is made to look like one made much earlier, it has a 1950's looks and feel, and one method they employ is to have 'camera wobble', im not sure what the technical term is for it, its just like the camera is never still, even during still shots, it wobbles ever so slightly.

so, what im trying to find out is, what is the cause of this wobble ? is it the film vibrating slightly as it passes through the camera when shooting, or perhaps, is it imperfection in the film itself ? im really not sure how it gets there.

and also, i dont know if anyone knows the film, but since it was made in 1989, i was thinking wether the wobble is faked in post, or did they use traditional cameras and film in order to get the authentic look ?

anyone know anything about this ? :huh:

I just watched a trailer and I dont think what your seeing is part of the film. I think your looking at a boot leg copy or other wise cheaply made \ old tech telecine (converted from film to digital) You can see it in the leader in the trailer, I dont notice it so much in the trailer it self.. but it could be there..

If the only sample you have is off the internet then I bet this is what your seeing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-bc1DZovg

Back