Hello from Australia!

Gday ladies and gentlemen! My name is Dao, I own a motorcycle parts store here in Melbourne, Australia. I've recently been making a few Youtube-specific videos for my store, and it's inspired me to get back into video filming, editing and production.

Many, many years ago I filmed and edited a couple of freestyle BMX videos, 'Project One' in 2002 and 'Glasses' in 2004. These were both filmed with MiniDV handycams, and edited in Adobe Premiere 6.0, before HDD cameras became the norm. These days it seems to be so much quicker and easier to film and edit stuff, back then I would spend two days straight editing a 4 minute video section, which would take almost 12 hours to export! Very time-consuming, and frustrating. Not to mention expensive, with not wanting to re-use MiniDV tapes for fear of pixellation!

These days I'm filming using a Sony HDR-XR550 HD Handycam, and editing using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. Life is much easier these days when it comes to producing little videos, such as this one I filmed and edited yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lD3ZBtPVjY

This is a little video that I put together just to play with some minor editing things, and it was all filmed by myself using a tripod. Very quickly slapped together, but you can see the sort of effect I'm going for!

My main reason for joining this forum is to try and get more and more information regarding music rights, I'd like to produce a feature-length dirt bike video over the next year or so, and I'd like to do it properly with no worry of being sued by a band/record label. Which brings me to my next quest for information, I'd like to find more info about hosting a video on iTunes for purchase. Will ask these questions in more detail in the appropriate forums!

Thanks guys, hope to become a regular member on this forum.

Cheers!

Dao

G'day.

To get a film onto itunes, you will need to go thru a 3rd party.

http://www.distribber.com/ is one such company.

There are a few more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Also you could even host the movie yourself on a website and sell if from there. There are a number of software/shopping cart options. You should be able to google them.

Music... I can give you the basics if you want. What info do you want?

cheers

Back