• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Growing Up Thirty Teaser

Growing Up Thirty Teaser

Just thought I’d take a moment to promote a little teaser for a joint effort feature I was working on with Peter Bruno of blackwood pictures. We’re still very much in the middle of production, but it’s never too early to get feedback. Please take a moment to check out the 50 second teaser at:

www.starvingartistspictures.com/Movie.html

There will be a quicktime version put up in the near future on the official website, but for now there is only a Windows Media Player version (sorry).

Director/Producer: Peter Bruno
Writer/Co-Producer: Paul Stamat (aka Monkey Man)

That looks like it's going to be one heck of a funny flick. :lol:

Btw... what was wrong with 80's glam-rock? Ratt rocked!
smiley_rock.gif

Ratt rocked!
smiley_rock.gif
80's rock eh...

:crazy: ;)

I can't think of many (if any) rock bands from the 80s that I think were really good. I may have some of my assumed time period off though! In all sincerity what were the Rocks bands "of the day" in the 80s?

Shaw said:
80's rock eh...

:crazy: ;)

I can't think of many (if any) rock bands from the 80s that I think were really good. I may have some of my assumed time period off though! In all sincerity what were the Rocks bands "of the day" in the 80s?

Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, White Lion, Warrant, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Def Lepard, AC/DC (carried over into the eighties), Van Halen, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot. Just off the top of my head.

Thread Moved to SCREENING ROOM

Funny stuff. Liked the nipple twisting. The paint chips line ... was than an homage to Tommy Boy?

paulstamat said:
Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, White Lion, Warrant, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Def Lepard, AC/DC (carried over into the eighties), Van Halen, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot. Just off the top of my head.

METALLICA, Poison, W.A.S.P., Guns n Roses, Mad Margritt, Skid Row, Slaughter, Queensryche, Eminem.

Poke

Last edited:
Well that shows how much I know when it comes to music :D

I'm not sure I would classify Eminem, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden etc as "rock" though... Metal and Pseudo rap perhaps?

Can't say I have any respect whatsoever for Ozzy :P

Van Halen though is good though if I remember correctly that was really a continuation of the 70s?

Shaw.... I think Poke was joking about Eminem ... do you really think he was 80's music?

:lol:

indietalk said:
Shaw.... I think Poke was joking about Eminem ... do you really think he was 80's music?

:lol:
I was wondering about that one Indie! :lol:

I figured since I wasn't into the 80's music scene though it would be best not to argue as I already have proven I don't know much about it!

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE SAYING!?!?!?!?!?!?

Eminem is the essence of 80's Rock!

Why?

Cause he's Slim Shady. Yes he's the real Shady. Al the other Slim Shadies are just imitating. So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

Poke

Black Sabbath is one of the most overrated bands EVER...and Ozzy is one of the most overrated people ever....THEY SUCK!!! Glamrock sucked too (with few exceptions)...

...The 80's DID have it's few great rock bands, like Metallica, AC/DC, Aerosmith made an 80's comeback, Guns 'N Roses, there's more, etc.

Aaaaanyway, that movie looks pretty funny. I had problems with the Windows stream as I always do...but good trailer.

Black Sabbath was 70s when ozzy played for them.. very early 70s.

Glam Rock in the 80s was more shit like Poison and RATT and Twisted Sisters.

I like Underground 80s more like Echo and the Bunnymen and Chameleons UK and Bauhaus

Those freaky peeps that like Black Sabbath. Never catch me in one of their shirts, no siree! :crazy:

Oh wai....

80's glam was awesome. :cool:

70's glam was just as groovy, but different genres of music rather than the "hair bands" that popped out of the States in the 80's. Sabbath, Bowie, Cooper, (and more that I am spacing on) were doing the glam-thing and defining their extremely varied genre of sounds at the same time.

______

But back to the teaser presented...

This trailer (aside from actually looking like it was shot quite well... with good audio, to boot) will definitely appeal to the nostalgia that people in their 30's (such as myself) have and fondly recall... Oh, to be young again!

Last edited:
Zensteve said:
Those freaky peeps that like Black Sabbath. Never catch me in one of their shirts, no siree! :crazy:

Oh wai....

80's glam was awesome. :cool:

70's glam was just as groovy, but different genres of music rather than the "hair bands" that popped out of the States in the 80's. Sabbath, Bowie, Cooper, (and more that I am spacing on) were doing the glam-thing and defining their extremely varied genre of sounds at the same time.

______

But back to the teaser presented...

This trailer (aside from actually looking like it was shot quite well... with good audio, to boot) will definitely appeal to the nostalgia that people in their 30's (such as myself) have and fondly recall... Oh, to be young again!

I was very much trying to say something that the rest of the 30 somethings could relate to. Oh to be young again, indeed.

Back