Greetings from Calexico, CA

You may be asking yourself "Calexico? Where or what is that?" Well, Calexico is a city were nothing really happens, only the bad stuff. For example, we had a 7.2 earthquake on easter day 2010. Calexico is a border town(calexico=California-Mexico) The thing i hate about my city is that there are no other filmmakers like me. There may be some that want to be but do not do anything about it.

Enough about my city, let's talk about me. I am a no budget, D.I.Y filmmaker. I have really low income and I am always trying to survive with just 5-20 dollars a week. My filming equipment is worth $150 which is only just my camcorder. Most of the videos I will be posting will have some low quality. I get around $100/weekly from working on the fields but I can't spend it on more equipment to get better filmmaking quality because I live alone and have to pay bills. My future plans are to become a Youtube partner once I get enough views per day so I could get more money for me, my family, and my filmmaking career. I will be turning 18 in July 5th so I would like you to wish me a happy birthday and the best luck so I can make this dream come true.

Thank you for your time.

PS sorry for making this personal

Well, happy birthday in advance! :)

Have you figured out how many hits you need to get X amount of money?

There's a member on the forums who's generated some significant income with YT partnership, making fairly straightforward airsoft gunfight & shootout videos. There was a bit of "right place at the right time" happening as well, I believe, but yeah... you could make some bux at it, if you're making the content people want to see.

Keep makin' & improvin'. :cool:

Well, happy birthday in advance! :)

Have you figured out how many hits you need to get X amount of money?

There's a member on the forums who's generated some significant income with YT partnership, making fairly straightforward airsoft gunfight & shootout videos. There was a bit of "right place at the right time" happening as well, I believe, but yeah... you could make some bux at it, if you're making the content people want to see.

Keep makin' & improvin'. :cool:

Thanks for the support. And well I read that if you get around 20k views a day, you could start the partnership and get a good amount starting off. And tha't what I am aiming for. I'll be posting videos for half a year or so then I'm going to start the partnership.

Back