Greetings from a Passionate Video Editor and VFX Artist in Pakistan!

Dear Community,

Allow me to introduce myself; I am Noman, a dedicated Video Editor and VFX Artist from Pakistan. I'm thrilled to be part of this platform, eager to both absorb new knowledge and showcase my own craft.

Looking forward to our journey together!

Warm regards,

Noman

Looks good. You might want to try unreal 5 engine once you get a little further. It's free, it's fast, and there's a lot of free models and resources available for it. Many free online courses on youtube, etc. You can get into full scale CGI stuff without having to spend a lot. Blender has gotten a lot better as well, but the free resources are far more limited, and it can be slow. Now that you know all the basics of compositing and motion tracking, if you learn one of these programs, you can extend your compositing into fully controllable worlds, basically a more expansive version of what we used to call set extensions. Flying cars, put your house on the moon, make your kitchen door open up into a desert with hundreds of hot air balloons, whatever. Sky's the limit once you master all 3 skills. Compositing, 3d motion tracking, and CGI. Buy a gimbal and learn color science on top of that, and you'll be amazing.

Thank you for the feedback.
Some of the software that you mentioned, I already use them like Blender and C4d.
I have good experience in 3D modeling and motion tracking. I have recently worked on a project that required a lot of 3D animation, tracking, and compositing. The work is not published by the owner so I can't add that to my portfolio yet.
I appreciate some great tips from you.
I am thinking, can I Post a thread in the Networking or Promotion section for the collaboration?

You might want to try unreal 5 engine once you get a little further. It's free, it's fast, and...

*Ahem* (Edit: they announced a change today)

Unreal Engine in the film, TV, automotive, and other industries can expect to start paying a per-seat licensing fee

Last edited:
Well, check the timestamp on your article. It was free, for the last 8 years, up until this afternoon apparently. I hadn't heard about this yet, because.... it apparently just happened 5 minutes ago. It shouldn't really affect anyone who isn't working for a corporation though. Nothing has changed in terms of how they distribute it, it's still all free for anyone, it's just that they are expecting large companies to pay for use in commercial products, same as always. With the previous deal, Epic didn't start taking it's 5% cut until a game made over a million dollars. Problem was, the mandelorian started using it for free, at 20 million an episode, and because it wasn't a game, they didn't have to pay their 5%. After being shortchanged literally 1 million dollars a week for 3 years, and having to fire 900 people last week because they began loosing money from being overly generous, and as usual, having their richest clients pay 0 tax while the poorest paid 5%. So they made this change, and I think it's reasonable. Epic isn't planning to stick individual end users with up front costs if that's what you're thinking this means. When they talk about "seats" that is a standard pricing model that companies like Disney or Pixar pay when they hire 175 people to work on a project. You're not in a position to need such a license unless you already have more than enough to pay for it. In short, they are just now taxing the rich to make millions off of their product for the first time in almost a decade, because they had to fire nearly a 1000 programmers and artists to make up for the money that Disney wasn't having to pay them for using UE5 in 200 million dollar projects.

Last edited:
Yeah it's from today, I should have said that explicity 😄 edited my original post
Didn't mean it to come across as some sorta gotcha

Last edited:
Back