Good 2-3 lenses for GH2 for short & features

Hello!

I'm looking for a core 2-3 lenses that would be versatile enough to potentially shoot a feature length. I'm looking for lenses that would be good for dramatic dialogue scenes, low light (a fast lens?) and some landscape / wide shooting. I'd like to keep the price at a reasonalbe amount as well. I really liked what I saw from the Helios 44M (and the price!) as well as the Nikon 1.8 50mm. Are there any longer lenses that may be of use? like 100mm or so?

Are there any longer lenses that may be of use? like 100mm or so?

With a crop factor of 2.0 (1.86?) I don't think a 100mm will be of much use. That's getting long as it is, and cropped to an equivalent of 200mm (or 186mm) makes it very narrow.

On my T2i (crop factor of 1.6), 85mm is about the longest I've ever used. I will get the Rokinon 85mm at some point, but I don't expect to need anything longer than that.

CraigL

I don't think a 100mm is a waste at all, though I'd certainly only get it in addition to something else, not as one of my only lenses.

If I had to choose only three lens sizes, I'd probably go for a 25mm, 50mm and 85mm, at least on a S35 sensor - you can figure out the math as to what that would be on a GH2 ;)

Back