Gear Storage And Transport

This is one of those posts to see who's using what related to gear storage.

For larger camera bags:
I have one Porta-Brace for an XHA1s and accessories and a Petrol of about the same size that I'm using for a T2i on rails, lav cases, XLR cables, tools, batteries, filters, DR-100, whatever else I can jam in there.

Smaller camera bags:
3 Porta-braces for 3 tricked out HV-40's with wide angle adapters and lens hoods. (I shoot weddings part time and these are unmanned cameras placed strategically on mic stands with clamp mounts)

Custom suitcase with wheels:
This holds the Glidecam X10 arm, vest, and the sled with the monitor removed.

Pelican cases:
These hold Lectrosonics wireless stuff and a Manhattan HD monitor. The monitor for the Glidecam is in a padded netbook case that finds a home in larger cases.

Lowel 4 light kit:
That has a case that looks like a hard guitar case, but the cords need their own backpack/bookbag with wheels. Extention cords and boxes are loose.

Project cases:
I need to build something light out of plywood for a dolly with a couple of different types of wheels and also need to figure out something for sliders. I'm also looking at getting a cart.

So, what do you folks use to lug all your stuff around? I'm looking for ideas.

Sounds like your geared to move haha.

I have a Kawa case for the JVC HM100 that fits it and all it's accessories great. A hard briefcase type case for the 7D. Lighting is split between a portabrace run bag that holds all the fixtures, a red duffle bag that has stands in one compartment, umbrellas diffusion tape clamps etc in the main area, and another red duffle that holds all the stingers and 3-ways and power strips and what not.

Tripod is in the padded bag it came in.

My favorite case is a big wooden crate with Russian writing on it I found at an army surplus store. It holds all the Airsoft and camo and props we recyclce for action videos, and looks super threatening to open it and see it all in there haha. It's in our "60 seconds of action" video in the back of the pickup :)

Haha trying to write " can't get enough of pelican cases" but iPhone going crazy. I have 4 to carry all my bodies, lenses, monitor, hard drives.

sonytrinicon.gif

This was my first camera. It came in an awesome aluminum case, as pictured.

Now this was before camcorders, so the only thing that fit in the case was the camera. The VCR it recorded to was carried in a separate case.

Last summer I gutted the aluminum case, lined it with felt, and now I use it as my one-man-band box. In it I carry a Canon HFS100 with wide angle and macro lens adapters, Zoom H4N, shotgun mic, a compact tripod, a beanbag pod, a $14 steadycam, suction cup camera mount, magnetic car mount, headphones, white balance card, notebook, lenspen, cables, mic shockmount and there's even room left for a beer.

Sturdy box...you can stand on it.

Back