FUJI Finepix s2000HD -- anyone own one? I gots questions.

Hi. I needed a new STILL SHOT camera, so a few days ago I bought a Fuji Finepix s2000HD ... pleased that it claims to record up to 15 minutes of HD video too (haven't even played with THAT yet, but the reviews seemed cool, and even meager video is nice to have as an extra) ...

3202778367_b833008d4c_m.jpg
3202792965_4ba06e0162_m.jpg

I enjoy photo-takin' as a non-paying :( hobby, etc ...

Anyway --

I'm just wondering if anyone else has one?

I have several questions (and will undoubtedly have more) and could use some help!

(Annoyingly, they give you THREE SEPARATE minimalist, incomplete Instruction manuals --
One in English,
one in Spanish,
one in French
-- instead of asking "Which language can we give you a ONE COMPLETE manual in, Dear Customer?

They give you the complete thing on a CD ... but that's pretty useless to stick in your camera bag or back pocket to have with you during a shoot.

Are those ... crickets chirping ???

Well, okay, but if you can HEAR the crickets *chirping* all around you ... it means falling out of the airplane didn't kill you, right? :yes:

Guess no one owns a similar camera, it's all good, I got advice ... But it's really annoying they don't give you an instruction book you can carry around for when you need it.

That's how Civilization will end: all the lights go out, and the info we need to reboot Civilization is sitting on a CD stuck inside a PC.

"Hey, anyone know how to re-start the PC?"

"Yeah, dude ... the instructions for starting the dead PC are, um ... on the dead PC."

Dunno 'bout that camera at all, though that particular type (FinePix, CoolPix, etc) seem to be somewhat popular for personal use.

I was reading somewhere (a few months back) about some of the newer SLR digitals, with HD recording capability. Those seemed pretty weird, tbh.

I just carry round my trusty Nikon - with loads of film.

Luddite :cool:

Back