• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Free Scripts Thread

I think Wheat made a thread for 'free ideas' recently which I thought was cool and that we could take it one step further.

Quite often we get people coming here looking for scripts to film. Well, I've got a bunch of short scripts that I don't hate but will never get round to making so I figured I'd put them here so that anyone who's looking for a script can have them.

So, all writers, pop the scripts that you'd like produced (for free) up here and then if there are any filmmakers look for scripts, take a look through and then message the writer and take your puppy home.

Here are a few from me:

The Wrong Man- Things go wrong for a good guy after he intervenes in a crime.
The Joy- Aliens come to destroy Earth but realise the power of love. Will it be too late?
Untitled Action Short- An elite team search for a notorious warlord.
A New Life- A German pilot crashes during the war and is nursed, as he dies, by an elderly couple.
Rover- An old man waits to find out whether he's received the organ that he desperately needs.
In Cold Fields- A group of travellers threaten to upset the delicate balance on a family farm.
The Stranger- A short western where a stranger arrives in town.
Things Unsaid- A relationship unravels through the sending of a terrible letter.

Share away peeps!

Last edited:
That's incredibly generous of you Stephen King.

I'm not much of a writer myself, I barely come up with ideas that need to get scripted.

I like "Things Unsaid". Seems classis but still powerful.

Last edited:
freebies

:DThese are some free concepts that I have thought about: not the most original but could be funny!

Carpool: Two young men ages 17-18, bite off more than they can chew when they try to make a little extra money to go to prom by driving a trunk load of drugs to another town for a local drug lord. This might be the car ride they will never forget!

Club Fever: A group of freshman high school friends spend weeks planning a eleborate plan to get into their towns new 21+ topless bar to get a lap dance. They pull out all the stops and put all their resourced together. They need Fake Id's, disguise's and enough money to recieve a lap dance, but first, they will have to get pass the bouncer! Will there plan work or will they get caught?

Autobiography: Two friends spend a weekend camping up in the mountains. Both men dissapear, ironically, under the same bizzar circumstances
found in a book one was writing about the other.

Untitled#3: December 7,1941. The Japanese sneak attack devistates pearl harbour. 7 decades later, while uner hypnosis, a woman recalls in vivid detail, the events of that took place that dreadfull day , a day that took place a full 40 years before her birth.

Untitled#11: Three men go searching for a century old legand of a lost treasure, some believe a vicious highwayman, a sherrif turned outlaw burried millions of dollars worth of gold in the rugged mountans in Montana. Will they find their gold or re-open a century old case and prove the sherriff inosence.

Untitled#23: A radio opperator onboard a US Navy submarine spends his days listining and tracking the locations of enemy ships and subs in the area, one day he starts hearing what he thinks sounds like voices of prior sailors who died during the days of war and went down with their ship. Are they trying to tell him something or is it all in his head?

Untitled#31: A scientist invents a incredible device that seems to make life easier for people. Although this device is popular amonst people, does it do what is was intended to do or does this little device have a mind of its own? Will this device become a bigger part of their life than they asked for or will the scientist have enough time to fix it?

Enjoy
Race

Last edited:
:DThese are some free concepts that I have thought about: not the most original but could be funny!

Carpool: Two young men ages 17-18, bite off more than they can chew when they try to make a little extra money to go to prom by driving a trunk load of drugs to another town for a local drug lord. This might be the car ride they will never forget!

Club Fever: A group of freshman high school friends spend weeks planning a eleborate plan to get into their towns new 21+ topless bar to get a lap dance. They pull out all the stops and put all their resourced together. They need Fake Id's, disguise's and enough money to recieve a lap dance, but first, they will have to get pass the bouncer! Will there plan work or will they get caught?

Autobiography:Two friends go camping in the mountains, both men disapear, ironicly, under the same bizzar circumstances in a book one was writing about the other.

December 7,1942. The Japanese sneak attack devistates pearl harbour.7 decades later, while seeing a psychiatrist, a woman recalls the detailed events of that dreadfull day that took place a full 40 years before her birth.

Enjoy

Race
Wheat's got a thread already running for ideas if you wanna re-route these bad boys over there. ;)
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=41762

Cool idea!

It just reminds me I have a few ideas that need further writing.
(I'm not sure whether I'll post anything: that means a lot of translating... lol)

Last edited:
Back