• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Flatmates - Toenails - Short Comedy

Nice little short comedy, my only real qualm being that the woman had apparently just entered the house, and THEN went to drink a cup of tea that was already out and presumably not hers / already cold by that point.

Maybe dial up the humour just a tad? Seems a bit too neutral throughout the video, if you know what I mean. Not dull, but not all that interesting either.

It was fairly good though, just consistency in the script and the humour needs to be sorted out - for a comedy film, it's not that comedic.

Made me smile. There is something with the sound, but I don't know what it is.

The conversation's a little choppy. Try starting the audio before the person is shown, it'll help the flow of the conversation and make it seem more real.

Thanks so much for the replies so far, it really us much appreciated. I've been trying to get some feedback on this for a while. It's all learning to me, so please do comment good or bad, it really is helpful!

Will give the script some thought, and look into the sound...

Any other comments are very welcome! Thanks :)

Yeah, I agree there's something wonky about the sound, but it's not too bad (my own projects have much more significant audio issues than anything here). I don't think it's a problem with editing, but more along the lines of mic placement, type of mic used, recording level, EQ. I'm not an audio guy, so I can't say specifically what it is, but it's the quality of the audio recorded, not anything to do with the editing.

I just watched a few more of your shorts. They grow on you. And I like your shooting style. I like this one best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQPIC9c0ZsM

P.S. Cathy is hot.

Thanks for the comments again :) They are most welcome and allow me to look into making these pieces better. I'll have a think about the audio I can't think at present what the issue could be, but I'll start doing some experiments.

I'll let Cathy know! :)

Any other comments are more than welcome, the more feedback the more I can make my work better :)

I believe this was the first acting that the guy did (Leon Grey) in that piece!

Shot on a DSLR (Canon Rebel), the sound went into a DVX100 along side. I think this may have been why the audio isn't great though, as I believe it's 12-bit which is probably fine if you have an audio person, but not so great if you don't!

Back