• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Flatmates - Popcorn - Short Comedy

Hi All,

Fifth attempt at the short comedy "Flatmates", quick, silly, short. Any feedback is welcome! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQPIC9c0ZsM

Jonny

I saw this and a couple of your other ones on your youtube channel. I really like the short sketch-style format. It's like comedy at it's purest. Since you're using the same characters in each, you could develop this into a popular web series.

One piece of advice, just from a guy who watches A LOT of sitcoms and comedy sketches, I would make the characters a little more distinguished. For example, if the girl's character was an unsympathetic, brutally honest jerk and the guy's character was a sensitive, insecure attention whore. With characters like that...there are dozens of short sketch ideas in which their differences can make great comedy. That's one of the reasons I like sitcoms so much. Over the course of several episodes (over 100 for a couple) you identify certain hilarious characteristics with certain characters. If a regular guy tries to convince a girl he really likes to split the restaurant check with him, it's stupid. If George Costanza tries to convince a girl he really likes to split the restaurant check with him, it's hilarious.

Good luck and I'll be keeping up with the series.

Nice maybe you could tie all your shorts in to a film or something. Or like some on mentioned before to make a web series. I am still waiting for the guy to make the move on the girl too. What will he do if some other dude shows up and tries to have his way with her. Would he get jealous.

Last edited:
Back