First Project

I am hoping to start filming my first short film the first week in December. However I am nervous about a few thing so I would love to run a few things past you guys.

1. I need to film a few scenes in a hotel room. I have one booked for the night so I should not need any permission to do some filming in there right?

2. I have the following equipment for the short. This is low budget so I am just wondering if there is any concerns I should have with the equipment?
- Sony VG30
- 10 foot Rode boom pole
- Zoom H4N audio recorder
- Sony ECM-674/9X

I however don't have any lighting but will be working on something make shift.

3. I've done up a prep list with the cast on it. It also has a list of props that are needed.

Anything else I should have prepared? Or be concerned about?

Do you have a DOP? No lighting is no good. Filming in hotel room can be done, but I personally would not unless hotel management is happy with it, which sounds unreal. you have to sneak in equipment, actors,if you trip a circuit, you are screwed, if your equipment breaks something, if someone gets injured... List goes on. The nerves and hassle is not worth it.

Like I said this is my first project basically no budget. I am going to monitor the audio with my friend operating the boom. Also ok I will go through the management I don't think it will be a problem it will only be about a hour of filming. Or at least I hope it wont be a problem. I absolutely have no budget for lighting :( We do not have DOP.

Back