filmmakers can be stupid

lol I took off the post because I said something mean that I didn't want him to see anymore

that was funny though. Like I predicted the future.

Is someone working on this?

I hate being accused of something. Thanks, Nick.

Oh no, I wasn't accusing you.

I just thought that someone might've seen that post and thought it would be funny to pretend that they were the guy in question. I might well be wrong and they might be totally legit, I just thought it was a pretty amazing coincidence.

Didn't mean that to sound like I was accusing you, Euphony ;)

Bah yeah it's pretty amazing if it's true.

But, once that IP address gets scanned and if it matches any other member, they're going to be in trouble. No duplicate accounts. I had forgotten that from when I tried my April Fools comeback - i.e. why I said I learned my lesson ;)

Nope, it's really me. Not sure how to prove it without divulging too much personal info. But as I am cooped up in my hospital bed with my smartphone, I've had not much to do but seek out misinformation about my story and try and correct it.

Also, feel free to laugh at my expense. Given that when the paramedics and police showed up there was a dude in a full on Deadpool costume, it is pretty funny. My friend who does stand up said that at the next cabaret my theatre puts on, he will end his set with ten straight jokes about me being shot.

I mainly just wanted to clear the air about the circumstances and let it be known that we were not treating the weapon as a prop, and the fact that we were planning on filming that evening had nothing to do with the incident. I don't want Columbus filmmakers (and especially my friend Mike, who has never had an injury during filming, despite a lot of stunts and prop weapon use) to lose credibility, or be taken less seriously as filmmakers.

A blank still shoots bits of wadding, and also at point blank range (which it was) it still has an incredibly powerful purcussive blast. This caused a large chunk of my calf and the skin and tissue behind my knee to be blown off. I am incredibly lucky to have made it out of the incident with only muscle and tissue damage, my bones and arteries were unharmed.

Glad you're intact, man.

At least you get a funny story out of it?

Yeah, I shudder to think of what else could've happened. Especially since my friend was in possession of the shotgun for five days without knowing someone loaded in that round.

As far as the funny story, oh yes. If not the incident itself, just the whole ordeal of the hospital, rehab, and dealing with the false news, I'll be stocked up on good party stories for quite some time :)

If anyone cares, I have now left the hospital, and am in a rehab facility while the wound heals before my final surgery in a couple weeks.

Well, at least you can brag to women that you've been shot. Just leave out the costume detail and make something up along the lines of "saving a little girl and her puppy from terrorists" or similar :)

Glad you're ok!

svestus, heal up soon, we look forward to you joining us under better circumstances!!

You can now make a ton of money going from film school to film school lecturing about the importance of gun safety on film sets.

God has brought you to Indietalk so that you can teach gun safety to all of us who were considering using real shotgun's in our movies...

Hope your final surgery goes well :)

I am glad you are safe. Next time, remember: "Better buy eh 20$ airsoft replica"..

All the best and don't let the incident stop you from filming.

I got an electric shock once and ended up in hospital. I was a little scared working with lights from then on, but I installed additional safety to all my lights so it doesn't happen again and I respect the power of electricity now ;)

That goes with a gun on your end :D

Back