Film festival contract?

Hey guys,

I've gone through my MASSIVE Contracts for the FIlm & Television Industry book looking for a festival contract, but can not find one.

Basically I'm looking at hosting a small film festival and I need a contract for entrants saying that they're entering their film into the festival/competition and that they own all rights to their film, but the festival/competition has the right to use their entry film how it pleases. Eg, it can be screened publicly, and distributed as a compilation dvd as part of the festival/competition, be used to promote said festival/competition.

Any help?

I don't know Australian law, but would suggest you ask a lawyer. Or contact other films festivals in your State/Territory and ask if they have any contracts you can have.

Yeah, seeing what other local fests ask for might give you a better idea. The big festivals have probably already had a lawyer figure this out and you can probably do something similar to theirs. Who knows though, maybe they copied something else that copied something else that made stuff up out of nowhere.

The best bet with contracts is having an entertainment attorney draft one for you.

The above does not constitute legal advice in Australia or the United States of America and should not be viewed as such. All statements are the the opinion of person saying it and may or may not be actual fact. Most advice PaulGriffith gives may not actually be true. This counts for his screen name on IndieTalk and any other internet site, social media outlet, phone call, email, letter, newspaper article, television broadcast, telepathic signals etc. The above is not liable for any damages incurred due to following said advice. Thank you, have a nice day, please pull forward to the next window to pick up your order.

Back