• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Film Composer/Scorer, And Or Background Music

We are in need of someone to score our film, or if people have music they have made/written and just want some exposure let me know. Actually I should backtrack a bit and tell you a little about myself and the film.
My name is Andrew Krufka and I am the Director f an upcoming sci-fi indie movie entitled "Operation Osiris". Operation Osiris is all about whether or not we are really from Earth or are We the aliens that come from a different planet. We are currently basically done with production (1 small pickup shot to get), and basically on the post-production phase. We don't have an official deadline yet, but we are planning on trying to be done or very close to being done in August or September. This film is a very-low budget to zero budget, when I say that I mean all funding has come from out of my pocket and my pocket is now empty, so I have no more cash to pay for a music composer (I know poor planning, but it is what it is). Because of that you would have to be willing to work Pro Bono (Credit Only Basically). We are planning on sending the film to film festivals so if it got accepted it would be great exposure for you. The actual musical part I will leave it up to you (I will work with you) on how you feel the music should feel because you probably know more about what's sounds good better than me. If you have any comments or questions you can post them here or email me over at projectosiristhemovie@gmail.com .

P.S. We do have a teaser trailer to show our actors how they looked on camera, if you want to try and get a kind of feel on how the music would be, here it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KduO0k8S-tc .

Hi! Your film concept is interesting, and it's a good thing you've got most of the video footage shot. I'm a composer with a little experience in film scoring, nothing big obviously, but I have the scoring process figured out. I love writing orchestral and hybrid orchestral music, which would likely fit your film well. You can listen some of my music here: http://soundcloud.com/klawie/sets/trailer-soundtrack-music

I'd love to work with you on this film, however, first I'd line to know one thing. How long is the film approximately? If you'd like to have it all done by September, including music, it'd be nice to know whether the film is going to be ten minutes or three hours. I'm guessing it's a short film, but it can't hurt to ask, right? :)

Back