film and literature

now, i am too anxious because of those two. i admire and love them both. literature the suffering sage; film the crying masculine. both in this new century. and something had happened. it cannot be evenly treated or interrelated, and that i have to kill one between the two, even perhaps with regret. please help me. your impression that i need.

burn the pages or the writers?

burn the celluloid or the directors?

y would u want to do that?

y should u want to do that?

no. no. no.

and even if no matter what you have to do that, far be it from me to decide a thing like that.

The novel is dead.

Film still has a lot of areas to explore.

Take that as you will.

EDIT: Alternatively, split the two and make literary films. No one will watch them, but...

Ahem.

If I understand this thread correctly... And you are saying Literature is dead? Novels are dead?

How many copies of Twilight sold?

How many copies of Harry Potter sold?

But it's true, people are becoming too illiterate these days. It's a shame.

Literature is dead? Then i must spend most of my time in the morgue reading the decomposing limbs of the deceased.

Please don't be so naive, even if books were not turning a profit--which they are, that statement is beyond ridiculous.

maybe i am so naive. i wish i could elucidate why i am doing this. i am afraid it would become insane, or sane. i don't know where this came from. it is illiteracy maybe i become anxious to suffer. i think i have my answer here. but i love both film and literature.

i am on surviving in despair. please help.

Last edited:
maybe i am so naive. i wish i could elucidate why i am doing this. i am afraid it would become insane, or sane. i don't know where this came from. it is illiteracy maybe i become anxious to suffer. i think i have my answer here. but i love both film and literature.

i am on surviving in despair. please help.

The naive comment was to Wombat.

You speak of being anxious, over and over, do you have anxiety?

I don't see your problem, why are both of these relevant? Are you aiming to take a career in either? Or are you saying you can't enjoy both? you haven't got the time to enjoy them both?

anxiety. yes. so anxious. the outcomes of my hardihood in both are nauseated. i had disowned my devotedness of music a few years ago for these two. now i want to have just one left. i need your inspiration and genius rather than your reason. so ill.

i say thank you. my exuberance has become like exhausted cheese burger. it is rather realistic and materialistic, i have to kill one between the two. i really wish this not to be christ.

I sure as hell hope they can. Several portions of my career are counting on that.

They can, book adaptations are appearing in great numbers. "The Novel is dead" is a ludicrous embellishment of the pages collapse. Perhaps the format of paper and thread won't exist a hundred years from now, but the novel, and the story, will.

Even my example is a far cry, the day my librarian hands me a 3D screen, goggles, and a wand to turn the page, is the day I'll plea for the return of agoraphobia.

now, i am too anxious because of those two. i admire and love them both. literature the suffering sage; film the crying masculine. both in this new century. and something had happened. it cannot be evenly treated or interrelated, and that i have to kill one between the two, even perhaps with regret. please help me. your impression that i need.

I am sorry why can 't one appreciate both .
padma

can i call you a pure promiscuity? what then am i? i thus become a killer of love, for your love. i really wish this not to be christ.

You may call me an impure promiscuity. Mind and body, spirit and bone, purity of the synthetic.

i am christ that you may live in me, that all synthesis, sein und zeit, become the night in which all cows are black.

Selah.

Well I don't see how you can't love both. I mean you have a large ammount of time. It's really a simple thing. Just watch movies and read books. It's possible to love many things. It's also better because the more options you have in your love the less likely you have to face disappoint.

Back