• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Fantastic read for the screewriter.

I just read (most of) The Tools of Screenwriting by David Howard and Edward Mabley. I recommend it to anyone and everyone who is writing a screenplay. I knew quite a bit about storytelling already from being a English guy in school, but I learned quite a bit from this read, and I believe that it would help people write good screenplays.

Also, it should be noted that I got this book from a website called Scribd completely free of charge. (As well as several other books.)

I'm a beginner, but hey the more I read, the more I understand that this is EXACTLY what I want to do with my life, and HOW to be proficient at creating films. So now I pass this on to you all.

Dig it ;)

Irwin,

I have like 26 irons in the fire, and I'm juggling 6 plates at the moment, but when I get a chance to breath I'll check it out. It's cool you found something that connected with your writing mind, and great that you decided to share it.

-Thanks-

Definitely check out the Scribd thing then. You get free access for 24 hours by uploading anything pretty much and then the book is a free download.
I also found some pretty nifty DIY plans for a steadicam system on Scribd.
Give me 24 hours and I'll download a library :lol:

Hey , if they open the door, you need only walk through.

Back