ExploreTalent LEGIT?!

Is this website LEGIT?! http://www.exploretalent.com/

I've been getting emails from actors who seem to use this website and from what I've seen, there really are a ton of actors who use this site. I just don't know if they're "real" or legit. If this website turns out to be safe, I plan on using it on getting some more actors for my project.

Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts?

The only way to tell if an actor is "real" or legit is to contact
them and audition them.

What is your concern about the website being "safe"?

He means fake actors contacting him to get him to use the site. Like the dating spam. Fake pics, profiles.

Not sure!

If the emails you are getting are unsolicited and they are directing you there with a link, I would say spam.

Actors Access (run by Breakdown Services) and to a lesser extent CastingNetworks are the way that actors (or their agents) submit for professional TV, film, and commercial roles. Those are the roles that all actors want, so ALL actors have accounts on Actors Access and CastingNetworks. These are the two sites that agents require their actors to have profiles on. Non-rep'ed actors who've done their homework also know that this is where they need to live.

There is no charge for you to post a breakdown for distribution on Actors Access.

Given the above, I'm really perplexed when I see questions on this board about where to find actors. They're on Actors Access, and they want you to find them.

Well that's because that wasn't the question.
I think my post came across as critical of Justin and this forum, and I apologize for that. As a wannabe filmmaker I really appreciate being able to come here and learn.

Regarding whether ExploreTalent.com is legit, I think it depends on what legit means. I doubt that they're breaking any laws. But, in helping my daughter develop a career in acting I've never found ExploreTalent mentioned in any book or forum directed at growing an acting career, and I've never heard them mentioned by any agent, manager, CD, or actor.

My personal hope would be that breakdowns continue to funnel through Breakdown Services, so that actors and filmmakers alike won't have to create accounts on multiple web sites.

I'm registered on ExploreTalent as talent. I do check the casting calls/auditions, and have submitted to several. I've never received any auditions through them, but hey, it could be that I'm just not right for the project.

From your stance, I would check out the actors pages on ET. If you like what you see, Google them, find them on FB and see if they're seriously into acting. If it looks like the *actor* is legit, then go from there and maybe set up a Skype audition or something.

ExploreTalent IS out to make money, that's for sure, but the actors on the site are real, and they believe that their big break is right out there. You can do casting searches on ET too. :)

I'm registered on ExploreTalent as talent. I do check the casting calls/auditions, and have submitted to several. I've never received any auditions through them, but hey, it could be that I'm just not right for the project.

From your stance, I would check out the actors pages on ET. If you like what you see, Google them, find them on FB and see if they're seriously into acting. If it looks like the *actor* is legit, then go from there and maybe set up a Skype audition or something.

ExploreTalent IS out to make money, that's for sure, but the actors on the site are real, and they believe that their big break is right out there. You can do casting searches on ET too. :)

Do you get emails from casting directors/directors who are contacting you directly? 'Cause I just found out that the talents in that site doesn't get emails from us directors, which is a total bummer for both the actor and the filmmaker.

That site is supposed to be good because there are tons of actors in there but if I can't contact them then what's the point?

Back