Eraserhead

I just watched Eraserhead.
It completely blew my mind.
Lady in the Radiator.
That feeling you get right after you see a film that you couldn't get your mind out of.
The beautiful, perfect ending.
I've only had this feeling with two other films, both Kubrick.
2001: and Dr. Strangelove.
I will have to keep telling myself "Get out of Eraserhead," because I'll be stuck with it all month.
The bliss I feel.
Thank you, David Lynch.
Introducing me to the satisfaction of surrealistic wonder, I'm beginning 2012 breathing differently.

Now watch Inland Empire & More Things That Happened It gets weirder

Just DO NOT...repeat do not watch on an iPhone !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Last edited:
This nightmare on film was a perennial fave when we all used to go to midnite madness shows at the theatres. "Eraserhead" was usually shown with "Bambi Meets Godzilla" and "Asparagus".

Hmmmmm... I never got around to starting The Henry Spencer Band. Oh well...

eraserhead1qn8.jpg

Why on earth would you need to tour? Just record songs! Be the virtual band. Lynch doesn't even play out. With ReverbNation, BandCamp and SoundCloud... the world is your oyster farm. :)

You don't make money with recordings, the money is in getting bodies into venues.

Funny, I had this discussion yesterday (New Years Day); I miss being young enough to to think that touring was fun.

OK, I didn't realize music was a moneymaking venture for you. I guess I don't expect to make any money with music OR movies. Different strokes...

It was, many moons ago. I spent 7 years working my way up the ladder (dive bars, hotels, etc.) and another ten on the road. I retired and got into music engineering and migrated to audio post, which is now my business.

Besides, I'm a crappy songwriter! :D

It was, many moons ago. I spent 7 years working my way up the ladder (dive bars, hotels, etc.) and another ten on the road. I retired and got into music engineering and migrated to audio post, which is now my business.

I hear ya and totally understand. It's a racket, not unlike filmmaking. But I'm still curious what The Henry Spencer Band would sound like... :rolleyes: Bet it would be cool.

I plan on recording some tracks this year and releasing online in digital format only. No guarantees on quality!

Loved Eraserhead and everything else from Lynch. I noticed that all directors with the name David create fucked up movies in different ways: Lynch, Cronenberg, Fincher.

Reminds me of another David (last name Firth) who does flash animations on Newgrounds. In my opinion ranks among the very best not necessarily in terms of animation but creativity. Check it out if you're interested, and if you liked messed up mindfuck surrealist stuff: http://doki.newgrounds.com/

Also, speaking of Lynch, I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan, so if there are any other Peak Freaks on the board give your boy a holla.

Ronin, I'm no prude, but please watch you language. If you go through the posts here you will find that there is very little profanity, and most of what you do find is in the scripts put up for critique. To be blunt, using curse words all the time implies a lack of intelligence and an inability to express yourself. If you go through my numerous posts you will find that I've used foul language probably less than 20 times in over 3,000 posts - I use it on those rare occasions when I wish to grab attention and make a statement; using it all the time dilutes the effect. Maybe it comes from being a parent, maybe it comes from being older or from my upbringing; I don't know. None the less, please desist.

Reminds me of another David (last name Firth) who does flash animations on Newgrounds. In my opinion ranks among the very best not necessarily in terms of animation but creativity. Check it out if you're interested, and if you liked messed up mindfuck surrealist stuff:

I've been obsessed with Salad Fingers for years.

I agree with ray, but the Hertzfeldt you need to watch is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkMbDWgQrA

Salad Fingers is one of the most uncomfortably creepy things on the net. Love it to death!

This thread is great. From Lynch to Hertzfelt makes complete sense!

Must share this pic w/u. :)
AiMcUhmCAAAEDSm.jpg

And Lynch's Dumbland...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8mwRrnPR3g

Back