Episode 7 will be set 30 years after Ep 6.

I think a Jar Jar/Goofy merge will yield a more cost effective synergy :P

I am very curious, btw!
If I could get it funded I would love to make a Star Wars short to ride the wave of anticipation :)

I'm hoping for a Jar-Jar/Donald Duck mashup character.

I think a Jar Jar/Goofy merge will yield a more cost effective synergy :P

I am very curious, btw!
If I could get it funded I would love to make a Star Wars short to ride the wave of anticipation :)

If there's a character even remotely like Jar Jar, I'm getting up and leaving the theater.

:lol:

I am inclined to gripe gripe gripe about Star Wars, about the Prequels, about Lucas denying us the original films in HD, etc. But really, at this point, being just a movie lover at heart, I'm very ready to just sit back, and with some anticipation, hope that they succeed in knocking our socks off with a really good film. And, I think I have enough faith in and admiration for Abrams to think that that's a real possibility.

Last edited:
Episode 4: 5/5
Episode 5: 2/5
Episode 6: 2/5

May not be a popular opinion, but they've all been garbage IMO except for a new hope. there are so many things wrong with the other ones.

Why is luke riding around on a kangaroo? Why can't they go searching for him in a spaceship at night.. they pick him up in a spaceship the next morning. Why in the hell are there walkers on tall legs instead of tanks.

Go watch saving private ryan, then watch the battle at hoth. it's a goddamn joke. I could go on and on but I'll just leave it at that. but yeah people get all defensive. for some reason people get defensive about easy rider too. but that movie was also garbage. lol.

still, episode 4 is one of the best films ever made

May not be a popular opinion, but they've all been garbage IMO except for a new hope. there are so many things wrong with the other ones.

Why is luke riding around on a kangaroo? Why can't they go searching for him in a spaceship at night.. they pick him up in a spaceship the next morning. Why in the hell are there walkers on tall legs instead of tanks.

Go watch saving private ryan, then watch the battle at hoth. it's a goddamn joke. I could go on and on but I'll just leave it at that. but yeah people get all defensive. for some reason people get defensive about easy rider too. but that movie was also garbage. lol.

still, episode 4 is one of the best films ever made

Well, if you want to get picky, A New Hope has a moon-sized super-ship going around destroying planets with a super-powerful beam. But, hey, all they need to blow up a rock is to get a star destroyer hitting it at near light-speed, and the planet would be history.

And, to get even pickier, Han Solo referred to "parsecs" as a measurement of time, when it's a measurement of distance.

Last, but certainly not least, when the Death Star was approaching the rebel base ... why didn't they evacuate? They did it in ESB, didn't they???

Well, if you want to get picky, A New Hope has a moon-sized super-ship going around destroying planets with a super-powerful beam. But, hey, all they need to blow up a rock is to get a star destroyer hitting it at near light-speed, and the planet would be history.
Would not the star destroyer be doing a kamikaze mission in this scenario?

I wouldn't use the word, "garbage," but I pretty much agree with you. Once the series became the Muppet Show, with Yoda and then the ....(gasp!) teddy bear Ewoks, I was mixed. The rest of EMPIRE and JEDI were pretty cool (snow battle, asteroid field and forest speeder chase, particularly). And the music was just great, especially in EMPIRE.

But, yeah, the original, untouched STAR WARS (where Han shoots first) was amazing. But I have a thing against muppets, so even some of the characters (devil, wolfman, etc.) in the bar bothered me. Not Chewbacca, because he looks real - but the fake looking stuff didn't cut it.

As for the new trilogy. Popcorn fun, but I can't stand the overuse of CGI, where it allows Anakin to jump out of air speeders, thousands of feet up. I just can't buy it. Oh, and Jedis are forbidden to marry? Anakin's father was the Force? The force is no longer just the energy of all living things, but midichlorians in one's genes?!!!! The whole philosophy seemed to shift.

If there's a character even remotely like Jar Jar, I'm getting up and leaving the theater.

I think we are going to be happy with Abrams' version. He said that he was going for as much reality (stuff actually seen on set) as possible. This was great to hear!

What exactly is a year a long time ago in a galaxy far far away? Even within this solar system a year varies from planet to planet, so "30 years" is completely meaningless...

Just sayin' :D

What exactly is a year a long time ago in a galaxy far far away? Even within this solar system a year varies from planet to planet, so "30 years" is completely meaningless...

Just sayin' :D

yes and light speed travel has relativistic aging effects.

oh wait, never mind. this is just star wars. mesya bad

John Williams has been confirmed for the score: source
smiley_ninja.gif

Did anyone really think that it wouldn't take place long after Jedi? I mean, I guess they did because I heard a lot of talk about actors being too old to play parts, but hell, the EU extends for generations after the films, so I just assumed that's what they'd do.

And, to get even pickier, Han Solo referred to "parsecs" as a measurement of time, when it's a measurement of distance.

That's one of my favorite retcons ever: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run It's supposed to seem like Han didn't know what he was talking about. But later (Lucas is too much of a revisionist to trust his statement from the DVD commentaries mentioned in that article) was made to mean that he took a badass shortcut.

Last, but certainly not least, when the Death Star was approaching the rebel base ... why didn't they evacuate? They did it in ESB, didn't they???

To be fair, Leia was in the process of denying that there was a rebel base on Alderaan. And who would have thought the Empire would actually blow up an entire planet just to weed out a few rebels? I'm not sure that the power of the station was widely known; the plans had been stolen, but they didn't end up with the rebels until Alderaan was already hit.

One of the things that really disappointed me about the prequel is I grew up thinking the Empire had oppressed the galaxy for hundreds of years. Turns out, not so much. Closer to 20. Huh.

Why in the hell are there walkers on tall legs instead of tanks.

I know, that totally gets me too, there's so many things like that. X-Wings? Really? Why do you need wings in space? If he wanted wings they should have just been biplanes dogfighting on one of the planets. And don't get me started on light sabers - why invent something that requires the audience to ignore basic physics when they could have just been fighting with swords? Star Wars would have been much better if it were just set on earth, with rebels battling it out against nazi stormtroopers in the sahara with tanks, biplanes, horses and swords...

Back